Jul 11, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Marlins president David Samson and manager Dan Jennings felt that Adeiny Hechavarria, not Troy Tulowitzki, should have been Dee Gordon’s replacement on the NL All-Star roster.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
And even Andrelton Simmons, the best defensive player in baseball, says he wouldn’t sit as close as that without protective netting.
Jun 2, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
Today: lessons in (a) how to call people by their proper name; (b) why you watch an entire game; and (c) how to commit seppuku. Really!
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 17, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT
Back to your regularly-scheduled programming.
Apr 28, 2015, 9:31 AM EDT
They’re right not to be.
Apr 28, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
The Mets continue to be Amazin’.
Apr 16, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Dream on, Yankees fans.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:55 AM EDT
Andrelton Simmons doing Andrelton Simmons things.
Mar 22, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
It was reported last week that the Marlins had reached agreement on a long-term contract extension with young outfielder Christian Yelich and now the deal has been made official.
Mar 19, 2015, 12:33 PM EDT
Pastornicky was once lined up to be Atlanta’s starting shortstop.
Mar 10, 2015, 7:55 PM EDT
Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons suffered a strained oblique near the end of February, but he’s been taking batting practice and doing fielding drills for the past week without any discomfort and the 25-year-old is now ready to make his spring debut.
Dec 17, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
Right team, even if he picked the wrong position.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
This is Molina’s third Platinum Glove Award in the four-year history of the award.
Nov 4, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
The 2014 Gold Glove Award winners have been announced. Now you can help determine who wins the 2014 Platinum Glove — given each year (since 2011) to the top defensive player in each league.
Nov 4, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The 2014 Rawlings Gold Glove Award recipients are being revealed during an hour-long special airing right now (7:00 p.m. ET) on ESPN2. We will list all of the winners here, position-by-position, as they are announced by the Baseball Tonight crew …
Oct 30, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
The Fielding Bible Awards are back. And they have an interesting wrinkle this time around.
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Sep 23, 2014, 8:49 PM EDT
heck out Braves shortstop Andrelton Simmons pull off this stellar diving grab Tuesday night against the Pirates …
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Andrelton Simmons kept the Braves’ late lead intact with this ridiculous play Wednesday night against the Mets …
Aug 19, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
The Nats win the close ones. They win the not-so-close ones. They win the tame ones. And last night, they won a wild one.
Aug 11, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Andrelton Simmons has been sidelined since last Tuesday due to a left ankle sprain, but he could rejoin the Braves’ lineup as soon as tomorrow.
Jul 28, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
At this point I’m almost convinced that the ground balls are purposely doing strange things just to test the limits of what Simmons is capable of.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Andrelton Simmons just isn’t fair.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)