May 26, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT
This wasn’t really a great catch by Josh Harrison because he bungled the route, but it did look cool …
May 15, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
When you actually ask young players why they steered away from baseball, they mention scholarships before bat flips.
May 13, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
And for that we should be very, very grateful.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 10, 2015, 4:48 PM EDT
Pirates center fielder Andrew McCutchen broke out an interesting ritual Sunday after a lineout …
May 8, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Let’s go back in time, shall we?
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 29, 2015, 11:24 PM EDT
Watch as Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen collects the 1,000th hit of his career on a sharply-struck infield single Wednesday night against Cubs reliever Edwin Jackson …
Apr 13, 2015, 7:02 AM EDT
Two homers in one game entitles Miguel Cabrera to some flex time.
Apr 12, 2015, 12:56 PM EDT
Pirates star center fielder Andrew McCutchen admitted Saturday that the left knee discomfort that drove him from Friday’s game in Milwaukee has been bothering him since spring training.
Apr 11, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
This isn’t the most encouraging news for the Pirates…
Apr 11, 2015, 12:25 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen took himself out of Friday night’s game against the Brewers with discomfort in his left knee.
Apr 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Why would a guy who looks like this want to change a thing? People are crazy, I tell ya.
Mar 30, 2015, 7:09 PM EDT
The two sides first discussed the possibility prior to Polanco’s promotion to the majors last year.
Mar 25, 2015, 7:48 PM EDT
Can the Bucs make a third consecutive trip to the postseason?
Mar 25, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
I need a moment. I’m sorry.
Mar 22, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen has missed the last week and a half of spring action, but manager Clint Hurdle expects to write his name in the lineup card on Opening Day.
Mar 20, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He can also play ball a little bit.
Mar 18, 2015, 6:18 AM EDT
Adam Jones is a fine baseball player, but making a head-to-head comp between him and Trout and going with Jones is . . . special.
Mar 15, 2015, 8:54 AM EDT
It’s probably nothing to worry about here in mid-March. Few players have appeared in more games over the last five years than ‘Cutch.
Feb 25, 2015, 9:21 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen is currently under contract with the Pittsburgh Pirates through the 2018 season, but the club is already looking well into the future and they want to make sure the star outfielder remains a major part of it.
Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Baseball-Reference.com doesn’t list player minutes because that would be silly. But the Pirates are thinking, in their own way, about such things.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:35 PM EDT
Alex Gordon has a tough decision ahead of him — he has a player option for the 2016 season. If he doesn’t choose to use it, he would become a free agent after this season.
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 11, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Lucroy finished fourth in the MVP balloting last season.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)