Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EST
Tyrell Jenkins and Jordan Walden, too.
Nov 13, 2014, 6:56 PM EST
Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw adds yet more hardware to his mantle.
Nov 13, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
You may not agree that Kershaw is the NL MVP. But please, follow the rules and consider him.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Nov 6, 2014, 6:01 PM EST
The Silver Slugger Award is given annually to the top offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League. Votes are cast by MLB’s coaches and managers.
Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EST
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 12, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports found a medical reason that explains why Hunter Pence throws the way he does.
Oct 10, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
According to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports, the Pirates offered a contract extension to Russell Martin but the catcher rejected it. Martin is expected to draw significant interest when he hits the free agent market shortly.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
Bumgarner vs. Volquez is, on paper anyway, something of a mismatch. But as we saw in last night’s game, predicting these things is a fool’s errand.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Part Two of our handy guide to help you pick a team to root for in the event your team is not in the playoffs.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 27, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
With the loss by the Pirates, the Cardinals can clinch the National League Central with a win over the Diamondbacks tonight.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Since debuting as a 22-year-old in June of last season Puig has played 249 games and hit .306 with a .387 on-base percentage and .504 slugging percentage.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates light a victory cigar as they clinch their second straight playoff appearance.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 21, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
He said it rather than tweeted it. Which is sad, because I had good money on it coming out “your just an idiot” if he had tweeted it.
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Sep 10, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Watch as Pirates star Andrew McCutchen races around the bases for a game-tying stand-up inside-the-park home run in the fifth inning Wednesday night at Philadelphia’s Citizens Bank Park …
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 3, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
Victor Martinez continued his fantastic season with a great August showing, while Josh Harrison allowed the Pirates to weather the loss of reigning NL MVP Andrew McCutchen.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)