Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:34 AM EST
Houston failed to land free agent relievers Andrew Miller or David Robertson, but the Astros have snagged their No. 3 bullpen target.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EST
After getting passed over by Andrew Miller and David Robertson, the Astros are now talking to Sergio Romo and Luke Gregerson.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
The Yankees were not, apparently, as “heavily invested” in Robertson as some were saying.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
The Yankees just made a big commitment to a free agent reliever, signing left-hander Andrew Miller last Friday to a four-year, $36 million contract. But they’re not done addressing the back end of their bullpen.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The Astros made a big push to sign free agent reliever Andrew Miller before he settled on a four-year, $36 million contract offer from the Yankees. Now the Houston front office is focusing its effort and its budget on a different late-inning option.
Dec 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
One of the best relievers in baseball is on the trading block.
Dec 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
With Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances at the back of their bullpen, the Yankees are prepared to move on if David Robertson doesn’t reduce his sticker price.
Dec 5, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Andrew Miller had a four-year, $40 million offer on the table but decided to sign with the Yankees for 4/$36 million.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:01 AM EST
Which makes it appear as though he is Yankees-bound
Dec 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EST
So it’s a three-car car chase now?
Dec 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EST
They could be offering him four years.
Nov 29, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Miller has reportedly already received multiple three-year offers and is even drawing interest as a closer.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Baltimore acquired Miller from Boston on July 31 and he pitched brilliantly down the stretch and into the playoffs.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 21, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Andrew Miller is drawing significant interest in the free agent market, and he could even fetch a four-year deal.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Blue Jays are considering Andrew Miller as a potential replacement for Casey Janssen.
Nov 13, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
The Astros have their eyes on a few big name free agent relievers.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:42 PM EST
Andrew Miller is probably the best reliever on the open market this winter and his free agency is not tied to draft pick compensation like, say, David Robertson, so he is setting his sights sky-high.
Nov 12, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
“Maybe the time for waiting is over.”
Nov 4, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
This season Miller threw 62 innings with a 2.02 ERA and 103/17 K/BB ratio while holding opponents to a .153 batting average and .456 OPS.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM EST
Four-game winning streaks happen all of the time, right?
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 16
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 49
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)