Apr 3, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
David Robertson replaced Mariano Rivera as the Yankees’ closer last season, but now who replaces Robertson?
Mar 25, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT
“Last year in spring training I trusted it more.”
Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
This could be the worst Yankees team in 25 years. It’s also a team that could sneak up and snag a wild card. With the 2015 Yankees, almost all things are possible. For better or worse.
Mar 23, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
Are the Astros ready to contend?
Mar 13, 2015, 1:26 PM EDT
D-Train’s latest comeback has ended. And it looks like the end of the line.
Mar 4, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Alden Gonzalez has an update on the ongoing extension negotiations between Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto and veteran closer Huston Street …
Feb 19, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Huston Street came over the Angels last July in a trade with the Padres and he wants to stay there for the long haul.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:34 AM EDT
Houston failed to land free agent relievers Andrew Miller or David Robertson, but the Astros have snagged their No. 3 bullpen target.
Dec 9, 2014, 11:40 PM EDT
After getting passed over by Andrew Miller and David Robertson, the Astros are now talking to Sergio Romo and Luke Gregerson.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:14 AM EDT
The Yankees were not, apparently, as “heavily invested” in Robertson as some were saying.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 PM EDT
The Yankees just made a big commitment to a free agent reliever, signing left-hander Andrew Miller last Friday to a four-year, $36 million contract. But they’re not done addressing the back end of their bullpen.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The Astros made a big push to sign free agent reliever Andrew Miller before he settled on a four-year, $36 million contract offer from the Yankees. Now the Houston front office is focusing its effort and its budget on a different late-inning option.
Dec 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EDT
One of the best relievers in baseball is on the trading block.
Dec 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
With Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances at the back of their bullpen, the Yankees are prepared to move on if David Robertson doesn’t reduce his sticker price.
Dec 5, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Andrew Miller had a four-year, $40 million offer on the table but decided to sign with the Yankees for 4/$36 million.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:01 AM EDT
Which makes it appear as though he is Yankees-bound
Dec 1, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
So it’s a three-car car chase now?
Dec 1, 2014, 9:24 AM EDT
They could be offering him four years.
Nov 29, 2014, 1:59 PM EDT
Miller has reportedly already received multiple three-year offers and is even drawing interest as a closer.
Nov 24, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Baltimore acquired Miller from Boston on July 31 and he pitched brilliantly down the stretch and into the playoffs.
Nov 23, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Astros, in the market for a top-end closer, have spoken to the agent of David Robertson.
Nov 21, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Andrew Miller is drawing significant interest in the free agent market, and he could even fetch a four-year deal.
Nov 17, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Blue Jays are considering Andrew Miller as a potential replacement for Casey Janssen.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (188)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)