Oct 17, 2014, 11:40 AM EST
Not that the Tigers aren’t being cautious.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
It won’t get the attention of his earlier bullpen moves, but it’s hard to tell what Brad Ausmus was thinking in the ninth inning Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:43 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Orioles-Tigers series in Detroit …
Oct 2, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman.
Aug 23, 2014, 9:32 AM EST
The Tigers turned to infielder Andrew Romine to pitch in a blowout last night.
Jun 14, 2014, 9:24 PM EST
In eight games, Eugenio Suarez is hitting .400/.500/1.000.
Jun 4, 2014, 10:34 AM EST
This was expected, but it’s still bad news.
Apr 20, 2014, 12:14 PM EST
The Tigers acquired Alex Gonzalez from the Orioles in late March after losing Jose Iglesias for the year and the veteran shortstop smacked a walkoff RBI single for Detroit on Opening Day. But he managed just three hits in 28 plate appearances after that and was officially released from the 25-man roster on Sunday.
Mar 22, 2014, 5:07 PM EST
When it was announced that defensive whiz Jose Iglesias would miss most (or all) of the season with stress fractures in both of his legs, the Tigers said they were content with considering internal replacements at shortstop. That search apparently included the coaching staff, as Tigers manager Brad Ausmus acknowledged to Jayson Stark of ESPN.com…
Mar 21, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
Shockingly, mere hours after the Tigers trade for a shortstop, “a person familiar with Drew’s thinking” tells the Detroit Free Press that Stephen Drew could be had by the Tigers on a one-year deal. He’d sure as heck be better than Andrew Romine and the cast of in-house options the Tigers have for short. And…
Mar 21, 2014, 2:34 PM EST
The Detroit Tigers have announced they’ve acquired SS Andrew Romine from the Angels in exchange for lefty Jose Alvarez. Romine, 28, will likely take over shortstop for the Tigers in the absence of Jose Iglesias, or at least attempt to. Maybe a platoon is the best option for the lefty. He’s primarily been a utility guy.…
Sep 15, 2013, 10:25 AM EST
It was a meaningless game played in front of a less-than-half-capacity crowd at Minute Maid Park, so you probably missed this exceptional diving catch Saturday from Angels infielder Andrew Romine: That looked easier than it was. Romine went 1-for-2 with a walk at the plate and the Angels won 6-2. Follow @drewsilv
Feb 8, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
Over the next couple of weeks, I’ll be projecting 25-man rosters for each of the 30 teams. I’m starting today with the Angels. The winter’s biggest spenders, the Angels are now again poised to threaten a Rangers team that appeared to be in pretty good position to set up its own little mini-dynasty in the…
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)