Jul 31, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
In search of infield help with Ryan Zimmerman on the disabled list again, the Nationals have acquired switch-hitting shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera from the Indians in exchange for minor leaguer Zach Walters.
Jul 23, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
As expected Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman has been placed on the disabled list after injuring his hamstring during last night’s game.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jul 18, 2014, 11:26 AM EST
Baseball isn’t dying. But sometimes it can be sleep-inducing.
Jul 17, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Anthony Rendon definitely didn’t mind missing out on the All-Star game.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
This is the first All-Star selection for Henderson Alvarez.
Jul 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
There are eight days until the All-Star Game. Almost all of these “snubs” will work themselves out.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Two of ten snubbed players are on the Final Vote list. Fans can help vote them onto the roster until 4 PM ET on Thursday.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Bryce Harper’s return to the Nationals outfield meant Ryan Zimmerman had to shift from left field back to third base, where he was once a standout defender and is now a huge question mark because of chronic shoulder problems.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Matt Williams met with Bryce Harper yesterday and then made a concerted effort to diffuse any notion of perceived animosity between the Nationals manager and his 21-year-old star.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Ryan Zimmerman has been playing left field for the Nationals since coming off the disabled list last week, but manager Matt Williams made it clear that he’ll return to third base once Bryce Harper is ready to come off the disabled list himself.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
May 31, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Anthony Rendon had a heck of a day.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 20, 2014, 8:25 AM EST
A home run won the game for Cincinnati , but two fantastic defensive plays preserved it.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 7, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips, just a bunch of gibberish, and utility guys act like they forgot about Bryce.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 1, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
In today’s ATH we offer a few quick history lessons too. For example, did you know that “And That Happened” used to be called “Hark, this Occurred” back when it was a print feature? True story.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
That’s patently ridiculous, of course. But that’s the kind of nonsense you get when you start attacking guys for their alleged lack of hustle.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Denard Span had no issues during a brief minor league rehab assignment.
Apr 12, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
The injury-ravaged Nationals will be without their third baseman for at least a month.
Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman, already dealing with a bum shoulder, suffered a hand injury during Saturday night’s game against the Braves.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 16
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 73
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (145)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)