Jul 23, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
As expected Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman has been placed on the disabled list after injuring his hamstring during last night’s game.
Jul 18, 2014, 7:39 PM EST
Some weirdness from our first night back after the break.
Jul 18, 2014, 11:26 AM EST
Baseball isn’t dying. But sometimes it can be sleep-inducing.
Jul 17, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Anthony Rendon definitely didn’t mind missing out on the All-Star game.
Jul 12, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
This is the first All-Star selection for Henderson Alvarez.
Jul 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
There are eight days until the All-Star Game. Almost all of these “snubs” will work themselves out.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Two of ten snubbed players are on the Final Vote list. Fans can help vote them onto the roster until 4 PM ET on Thursday.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Bryce Harper’s return to the Nationals outfield meant Ryan Zimmerman had to shift from left field back to third base, where he was once a standout defender and is now a huge question mark because of chronic shoulder problems.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Matt Williams met with Bryce Harper yesterday and then made a concerted effort to diffuse any notion of perceived animosity between the Nationals manager and his 21-year-old star.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 18, 2014, 6:41 AM EST
Nine wins in a row and the shelling of a Tigers ace for the second straight night. And with that, the Royals are in first place.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Ryan Zimmerman has been playing left field for the Nationals since coming off the disabled list last week, but manager Matt Williams made it clear that he’ll return to third base once Bryce Harper is ready to come off the disabled list himself.
Jun 5, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
The Indians, A’s and Jays are surging. The Yankees, Rays and Braves are reeling. The Padres won a game despite getting only one hit. As Earl Weaver once said: Baseball: we do this every day, lady.
May 31, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Anthony Rendon had a heck of a day.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
May 20, 2014, 8:25 AM EST
A home run won the game for Cincinnati , but two fantastic defensive plays preserved it.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 7, 2014, 1:22 PM EST
Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips, just a bunch of gibberish, and utility guys act like they forgot about Bryce.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 1, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
In today’s ATH we offer a few quick history lessons too. For example, did you know that “And That Happened” used to be called “Hark, this Occurred” back when it was a print feature? True story.
Apr 21, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
That’s patently ridiculous, of course. But that’s the kind of nonsense you get when you start attacking guys for their alleged lack of hustle.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Denard Span had no issues during a brief minor league rehab assignment.
Apr 12, 2014, 11:02 PM EST
The injury-ravaged Nationals will be without their third baseman for at least a month.
Apr 12, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
Ryan Zimmerman, already dealing with a bum shoulder, suffered a hand injury during Saturday night’s game against the Braves.
Apr 12, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Ryan Zimmerman cheated death and still got two outs.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)