Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Nov 3, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Both sides exercised their half of the mutual option.
Nov 1, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
Aramis Ramirez has two more days to decide whether to exercise his half of a mutual option and return to the Brewers for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Sep 17, 2014, 9:17 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Brewers intend to exercise their half of a $14 million mutual option on Aramis Ramirez for the 2015 season. But will the veteran third baseman exercise his half?
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 2, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the first game of a big weekend series between the Brewers and Cardinals.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy will start for the NL All-Stars after all. Miguel Montero makes the roster, taking the place of the injured Yadier Molina.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Some big moves from the Brewers in this week’s NL All-Star balloting update.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Rockies are playing an embarrassing brand of baseball lately.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:16 PM EST
The slumping Rockies were involved in one of the worst plays you’ll ever see with your own two eyes.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:47 PM EST
Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez is set to return from the disabled list on Wednesday after missing four weeks with a left hamstring strain.
May 11, 2014, 2:33 PM EST
Aramis Ramirez was lifted from the Brewers’ game Saturday against the Yankees after straining his left hamstring while ranging for a groundball on the infield and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s series-opener versus the Pirates.
Apr 27, 2014, 4:37 PM EST
Melvin Roman, the Puerto Rico-based agent for Korean third baseman Jeong Choi, told Jon Heyman of CBS Sports on Sunday that his client is seriously considering leaving the KBO’s SK Wyverns after the 2014 season. “He has a strong desire to come and play in the major leagues,” Roman said.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 12, 2014, 11:48 AM EST
The Brewers are a major-league best 8-2 to begin the young season.
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EST
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
Feb 27, 2014, 2:23 PM EST
In trading last year’s leadoff man, Norichika Aoki, and failing to add the quality left-handed-hitting first baseman they wanted, the Brewers have left themselves with the most unbalanced lineup in baseball. Here are the likely starters, along with my projection for each: C: Jonathan Lucroy (R) – .283/.337/.443 1B: Mark Reynolds (R) – .231/.328/.455 2B:…
Sep 26, 2013, 8:56 AM EST
Just to review, my take on the Braves-Brewers thing last night is that while Carlos Gomez was certainly out of line, Brian McCann and the Braves were too and that they are the ones responsible for what should have been a minor thing turning into a fight that caused punches to be thrown and a…
Sep 21, 2013, 8:56 AM EST
The Cardinals have themselves a little breathing room in the National League Central. Though closer Edward Mujica struggled again and put the Brewers in position to tie the game in the bottom of the ninth inning, the Cardinals eventually won 7-6 in 10 innings. Carlos Beltran drove in the go-ahead run with a sacrifice fly…
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)