Apr 17, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Today is the day.
Mar 19, 2015, 8:43 PM EDT
This was a top-heavy group last year and it killed them down the stretch. It’s top-heavy again in 2015.
Feb 27, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
When he’s done he’ll have played 18 years in the bigs and will be pushing 400 homers.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Nov 3, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Both sides exercised their half of the mutual option.
Nov 1, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Aramis Ramirez has two more days to decide whether to exercise his half of a mutual option and return to the Brewers for the 2015 season.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Sep 17, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Brewers intend to exercise their half of a $14 million mutual option on Aramis Ramirez for the 2015 season. But will the veteran third baseman exercise his half?
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EDT
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 2, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the first game of a big weekend series between the Brewers and Cardinals.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EDT
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy will start for the NL All-Stars after all. Miguel Montero makes the roster, taking the place of the injured Yadier Molina.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Some big moves from the Brewers in this week’s NL All-Star balloting update.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
The Rockies are playing an embarrassing brand of baseball lately.
Jun 21, 2014, 6:16 PM EDT
The slumping Rockies were involved in one of the worst plays you’ll ever see with your own two eyes.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:47 PM EDT
Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez is set to return from the disabled list on Wednesday after missing four weeks with a left hamstring strain.
May 11, 2014, 2:33 PM EDT
Aramis Ramirez was lifted from the Brewers’ game Saturday against the Yankees after straining his left hamstring while ranging for a groundball on the infield and will be placed on the 15-day disabled list before Tuesday night’s series-opener versus the Pirates.
Apr 27, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Melvin Roman, the Puerto Rico-based agent for Korean third baseman Jeong Choi, told Jon Heyman of CBS Sports on Sunday that his client is seriously considering leaving the KBO’s SK Wyverns after the 2014 season. “He has a strong desire to come and play in the major leagues,” Roman said.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 12, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
The Brewers are a major-league best 8-2 to begin the young season.
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EDT
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)