May 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Tuffy Gosewisch may be dealing with a torn ACL, which would likely end his season.
May 28, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
Jarrod Saltalamacchia was cut loose by the Marlins earlier this month after proving to be a disappointment in his three-year, $21 million contract, but the Diamondbacks are ready to give him a shot.
May 28, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Noah Syndergaard did it all.
May 27, 2015, 7:21 AM EDT
Four walkoff wins last night.
May 21, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Outside of Bryce Harper’s ejection, there were really no exciting doings in Major League Baseball last night. So let’s talk about “Mad Max: Fury Road.”
May 19, 2015, 6:10 AM EDT
Not a full schedule yesterday but all but one game was decided by one run. And Josh Donaldson probably needs to have his mouth washed out with Lifebuoy.
May 18, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The first night of the Dan Jennings experiment ended in a loss.
May 17, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
Phillies third base prospect Maikel Franco launched his first career major league home run Sunday afternoon against Diamondbacks right-hander Randall Delgado.
May 17, 2015, 9:17 AM EDT
Yasmany Tomas of the Diamondbacks finally went yard Saturday in his 23rd major league game …
May 16, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
Jansen tied a major league record in his season debut.
May 15, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Addison Reed is out as the closer for the Diamondbacks after blowing Wednesday’s save by serving up a grand slam.
May 14, 2015, 9:10 PM EDT
The Padres are hopeful that Myers will only have to miss three or four days.
May 13, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Watch as Nationals outfielder Michael Taylor put Washington on top for good Wednesday afternoon with this super-clutch ninth-inning grand slam off Diamondbacks right-hander Addison Reed …
May 13, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
A look at which teams are getting the most, and least, from each spot in the lineup.
May 13, 2015, 12:16 PM EDT
Clint Robinson, relief ace.
May 13, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Look what Giancarlo Stanton did to the dang moon!
May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
May 11, 2015, 7:50 PM EDT
Archie Bradley will soon make his first start since getting hit with a line drive. He’ll face the Phillies on Saturday.
May 11, 2015, 7:13 AM EDT
I like that picture. It says “Michael Pineda came, Michael Pineda saw, Michael Pineda conquered.”
Apr 30, 2015, 7:36 AM EDT
An empty park, a lefty whining about the shift and me whining about people whining about the “marine layer.”
Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 28, 2015, 10:38 PM EDT
Frightening moment at Chase Field in Arizona …
Apr 27, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks are reportedly among the potential landing spots for Saltalamacchia.
Apr 24, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
The Dodgers’ infielder-without-a-position is among the league leaders in HR and RBI, yet he’s only started three games and has only made 20 plate appearances.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 82
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 69
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (87)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)