Apr 24, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT
The Dodgers’ infielder-without-a-position is among the league leaders in HR and RBI, yet he’s only started three games and has only made 20 plate appearances.
Apr 23, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Roberto Kelly is all like “Me? I didn’t do nothin’?” And Mattingly is all like “dude, really?” And Blanco is all like “[whistles innocently]”
Apr 21, 2015, 8:32 PM EDT
The 32-year-old is a .259/.313/.350 career hitter in 1,350 plate appearances at the major league level. He’ll give Arizona organizational depth at third base while Jake Lamb nurses a foot injury.
Apr 21, 2015, 5:01 PM EDT
Tomas began the season at Triple-A.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:44 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz has eight homers on the young season. And a line that looks like something Barry Bonds put up over the course of four seasons.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that nobody would have guessed this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:20 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle, baseball’s timeless left-hander, is reportedly considering retiring after the season.
Apr 14, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
“I’d rather not have a bunch of fines.”
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 12, 2015, 9:34 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw wasn’t his usual dominant self on Opening Day last Monday against the Padres, yielding three earned runs on two walks and six hits over just six innings. And he was even worse in his second turn through the Dodgers’ 2015 rotation.
Apr 11, 2015, 11:33 PM EDT
Diamondbacks top prospect Archie Bradley made his major league debut tonight against the Dodgers and it couldn’t have gone much better.
Apr 11, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Turner was spiked on his hand and Uribe tweaked his hamstring. The good news is that they are both considered day-to-day.
Apr 11, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
One of baseball’s top pitching prospects, Archie Bradley will make his major league debut Saturday night against the Dodgers.
Apr 8, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
Arizona ate $9.5 million to get rid of Ross.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 7, 2015, 10:11 PM EDT
Watch as Buster Posey takes Rubby De La Rosa deep Tuesday for his first home run of 2015 …
Apr 7, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Cody Ross, released by the Diamondbacks on Saturday, has already found a new home …
Apr 7, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Third base? Right Field? First base? For now, Triple-A.
Apr 6, 2015, 9:50 PM EDT
Rodriguez was released by the Braves last week after missing out on a rotation spot, but he has quickly found a new opportunity.
Apr 4, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks made another pair of tough decisions on Saturday night.
Apr 4, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Anthony Recker was a hero for the Mets on Saturday, blasting a game-tying grand slam in the ninth inning against the Rangers.
Apr 4, 2015, 12:01 PM EDT
Could we see some last-minute wheeling and dealing prior to Opening Day?
Apr 3, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Diamondbacks manager Chip Hale gave us a bit of a surprise in naming Nick Ahmed his team’s starting shortstop.
Apr 3, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
Pitching prospect Archie Bradley will pitch out of the No. 5 slot in the D-Backs’ rotation following the Trevor Cahill trade.
Apr 3, 2015, 12:40 PM EDT
Just a couple weeks ago Rodriguez was believed to be penciled into a rotation spot.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (340)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)