Jan 23, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
The Indians are considering bringing Nolan Reimold on board.
Jan 22, 2015, 12:14 AM EST
Here’s a pretty cool behind-the-scenes look at Yasmany Tomas’ first workout with the Diamondbacks on Wednesday at the organization’s Salt River Fields complex near Scottsdale, Arizona …
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Jan 12, 2015, 6:35 PM EST
Prieto, who is from Cuba, served in the same capacity with the Athletics over the past three seasons and helped with Yoenis Cespedes’ transition to the United States. He should work closely with Yasmany Tomas this year.
Jan 10, 2015, 11:48 AM EST
The Diamondbacks have asked the Cubs about Welington Castillo and the Blue Jays about Dioner Navarro, but general manager Dave Stewart says the club isn’t making much progress in trade talks.
Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 7, 2015, 12:51 PM EST
Oakland cut Punto despite owing him $2.75 million for 2015.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:08 AM EST
The Diamondbacks ensured they would have infield versatility in 2015, avoiding arbitration with Cliff Pennington for $3.275 million.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EST
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:24 PM EST
David Hernandez looked like a non-tender candidate after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April, but the Diamondbacks decided to keep him around …
Dec 17, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
The pitcher denies there were issues. But now he’s off to Boston, so I guess it doesn’t matter.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 13, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
The Diamondbacks’ rotation looks, uh, pretty iffy going into 2015.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
The deal was reported earlier this week and it’s now official.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
All three received invitations to major league spring training, but figure to serve as minor league depth in 2015.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
A minor leaguer is the snag.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
The annual Scott Boras scrum just went down. And he had his usual hilarious claims.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
He’s arbitration eligible for the first time and under team control through 2017.
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:48 PM EST
Bobby Evans has a good sense of humor despite the Giants being passed over by Pablo Sandoval, Yasmany Tomas, and now Jon Lester.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 11
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 44
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)