Dec 6, 2014, 9:52 AM EST
Trumbo’s first year in Arizona didn’t go as planned, as he missed some time with a foot injury while batting .235/.293/.415 with 14 home runs and 61 RBI over 88 games.
Dec 5, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Gregorius has definitely struggled versus lefties, hitting just .184 off them.
Dec 5, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
It’s not just The Man who Would Replace Derek Jeter in this deal. But let’s talk about that for a second too.
Derek Jeter’s replacement: Yankees acquire Diamondbacks shortstop Didi Gregorius in three-team trade
Dec 5, 2014, 10:10 AM EST
“When I saw him he reminded me of a young Derek Jeter.”
Nov 25, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
Via Jeeho Yoo of Seoul’s Yonhap News, right-hander Lucas Harrell and outfielder Jim Adduci both agreed to one-year deals Tuesday in the Korea Baseball Organization — Harrell with the KIA Tigers for $900K and Adduci with the Lotte Giants for $650K.
Nov 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Marlins have discussed swapping Nathan Eovaldi for Wade Miley.
Nov 21, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
Talks haven’t really heated up yet, but catching is scarce so someone will likely go in on Montero.
Nov 18, 2014, 7:38 PM EST
There is a clear need for a front-line starter in Arizona, and new chief baseball officer Tony La Russa is exploring all of his options.
Nov 13, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
And I can’t even mock it. It’s actually pretty smart.
Nov 9, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Archie Bradley is healthy after suffering an elbow injury during the regular season, but Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart would like to see him back at Triple-A when the 2015 seasons begins.
Nov 9, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Could Mark Appel make his major league debut at some point in 2015? Astros GM Jeff Luhnow thinks it’s possible.
Nov 7, 2014, 10:10 PM EST
Mark Trumbo will play right field for the Diamondbacks next season. Getcha popcorn ready.
Nov 6, 2014, 8:02 PM EST
Putz, who pitched with Arizona from 2011-2014, compiled a 3.08 ERA and 189 saves over 12 seasons in the majors.
Nov 3, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Seems like a decent pickup and possibly useful middle reliever for Houston.
Nov 2, 2014, 12:37 PM EST
A member of the D’Backs front office told Rosenthal that the club is merely in “listening mode,” but rival execs say the 31-year-old catcher is being shopped.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 30, 2014, 9:47 PM EST
The Diamondbacks announced this evening that they have exercised club options on right-hander Daniel Hudson and left-hander Matt Reynolds for 2015.
Oct 30, 2014, 12:32 AM EST
As he has done for a decade, really.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
How much trading will the Diamondbacks look to do this offseason?
Oct 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
New Diamondbacks GM Dave Stewart says “you have to like” Mark Trumbo. Do we really?
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
It was the second-to-last day of the regular season, and you probably already saw what happened in the games that mattered. But in case you didn’t …
Sep 27, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Pirates and Cardinals go into the final game of the season still vying for the NL Central title.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)