Sep 25, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Plouffe will go for a second opinion before a final decision is made.
Sep 25, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Since debuting as a 22-year-old in June of last season Puig has played 249 games and hit .306 with a .387 on-base percentage and .504 slugging percentage.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Twelve games, six shutouts. And the Mariners and Indians lose ground.
Sep 20, 2014, 9:19 PM EST
Matt Garza doesn’t hit many batters, but the right-hander managed to hit Andrew McCutchen twice in his start on Saturday.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
449 feet off Addison Reed.
Sep 18, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
Hudson made it back to the majors this month for the first time since June 26, 2012.
Sep 18, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Perez had a sub-2.00 ERA before recent problems.
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 AM EST
Against all odds, the Orioles are poised to clinch their first AL East title in seventeen years.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 6, 2014, 10:25 PM EST
#2 hitters don’t often accrue 100 RBI, but Mike Trout will accomplish the feat soon.
Sep 5, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He has a 5.70 ERA in 24 innings since July 1 after posting a 2.34 ERA from April through June.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EST
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
It was a long road back for Daniel Hudson, but last night he made it back to the bigs.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 2, 2014, 6:32 PM EST
Chris Owings and A.J. Pollock are back with the Diamondbacks on Tuesday after lengthy disabled list stints.
Aug 30, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
It’s been more than two years, but Daniel Hudson will return to the major leagues on Tuesday or Wednesday, pitching out of the Diamodnbacks’ bullpen.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
“He’d probably punch me if heard me saying that but you’re really going to take your time and make sure he’s ready to go.”
Aug 27, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
With an $11 million salary for next season Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon is apparently out of the Angels’ price range as they try to upgrade the injury wrecked rotation, but Diamondbacks right-hander Trevor Cahill could be an option.
Aug 27, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
A guy who has been snakebitten is on his way back to the Snakes.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EST
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 25, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Aaron Hill has played exclusively second base since 2007 and has logged nearly 10,000 career innings at the position, but it sounds like the Diamondbacks are preparing to move him across the diamond.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)