Jan 10, 2015, 11:48 AM EDT
The Diamondbacks have asked the Cubs about Welington Castillo and the Blue Jays about Dioner Navarro, but general manager Dave Stewart says the club isn’t making much progress in trade talks.
Jan 8, 2015, 7:58 PM EDT
Billingsley hasn’t pitched in the majors since undergoing Tommy John surgery in April of 2013.
Jan 7, 2015, 12:51 PM EDT
Oakland cut Punto despite owing him $2.75 million for 2015.
Dec 29, 2014, 12:08 AM EDT
The Diamondbacks ensured they would have infield versatility in 2015, avoiding arbitration with Cliff Pennington for $3.275 million.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 21, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
The field for James Shields has been winnowed down to a few, namely the Giants and Red Sox.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
David Hernandez looked like a non-tender candidate after undergoing Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery in April, but the Diamondbacks decided to keep him around …
Dec 17, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
The pitcher denies there were issues. But now he’s off to Boston, so I guess it doesn’t matter.
Dec 13, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
The Red Sox starting rotation is set, but president Larry Lucchino is still disappointed in his team’s failure to bring back Jon Lester.
Dec 13, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
The Diamondbacks’ rotation looks, uh, pretty iffy going into 2015.
Dec 12, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
The deal was reported earlier this week and it’s now official.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
All three received invitations to major league spring training, but figure to serve as minor league depth in 2015.
Dec 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
A minor leaguer is the snag.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Red Sox add their third starting pitcher in 24 hours.
Dec 10, 2014, 9:56 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Red Sox and Diamondbacks have agreed to a trade that will send left-handed starter Wade Miley to Boston for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa and Allen Webster.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The annual Scott Boras scrum just went down. And he had his usual hilarious claims.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:20 PM EDT
Now that Jon Lester has settled on a team, inking a six-year, $155 million contract late Tuesday night with the Cubs, the focus of the starting pitching market turns to Max Scherzer and James Shields.
Dec 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
He’s arbitration eligible for the first time and under team control through 2017.
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
Bobby Evans has a good sense of humor despite the Giants being passed over by Pablo Sandoval, Yasmany Tomas, and now Jon Lester.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
After acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks today, the Cubs are expected to move Welington Castillo.
Dec 9, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Montero was an All-Star in 2011 and signed a five-year, $60 million contract extension in May of 2012.
Dec 8, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Jon Morosi and Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports report that the Cubs and Diamondbacks are discussing a trade that would send catcher Miguel Montero to Chicago.
Dec 8, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported over the weekend that Diamondbacks majority owner Ken Kendrick vetoed a trade that would have sent Dodgers outfielder Andre Ethier, catcher Tim Federowicz, and cash to Arizona for catcher Miguel Montero and multiple lower-level prospects.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)