May 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The worst fears are realized.
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EDT
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 8, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
Miami: kings of the walkoff win.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 6, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Add another thing to the “stuff that’s gone wrong for the Diamondbacks this season” pile, as right-hander J.J. Putz is headed to the disabled list with a strained forearm.
May 3, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
GM Kevin Towers isn’t sure if he’ll be given enough time to watch his team turn things around. The Diamondbacks enter Saturday with an MLB-worst 10-22 record.
May 3, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Adam Eaton left Friday’s game with a right hamstring strain and is headed to the disabled list.
May 1, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Is one of baseball’s most noted decorum cops finally lightening up?
May 1, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
In today’s ATH we offer a few quick history lessons too. For example, did you know that “And That Happened” used to be called “Hark, this Occurred” back when it was a print feature? True story.
Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 26, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks’ early disappointment has put the jobs of manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers in danger. The players vowed their support and took the blame.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
First, the umpires nab Michael Pineda for pine tar. Then they get Oliver Perez for having slits in the sleeves of his undershirt. What’s next?! Where do you draw the line?!
Apr 25, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
The downtrodden Diamondbacks will be without their slugger for six weeks.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Let go earlier this week after making six appearances for the Diamondbacks, left-hander Ryan Rowland-Smith has agreed to a minor-league deal with the Blue Jays according to Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EDT
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
According to beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, Diamondbacks left fielder Mark Trumbo has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot. Trumbo is headed back to Phoenix, Arizona to have the foot examined by a specialist so that the D’Backs can get a better idea of the injury’s severity.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
It’s been an awful start for the Snakes. Awful enough to get someone fired?
Apr 22, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Watch as Albert Pujols hits his 499th career home run Tuesday off Nationals starter Taylor Jordan …
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EDT
Yankees starter Ivan Nova has been diagnosed with a partially-torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow — an injury that almost always leads to Tommy John surgery.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:58 AM EDT
They needed extra innings to do it, but the Diamondbacks snapped a six-game losing streak last night and finally got a win against the Dodgers.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Diamondbacks will get some power back in their lineup as Cody Ross returns.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 14, 2014, 10:01 PM EDT
Trevor Cahill will be a high-priced reliever for now.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:47 AM EDT
Randy Wolf won a spot in the Mariners’ starting rotation coming out of spring training, but then the team asked him to sign an advanced consent form that more or less reworked his contract terms and the 37-year-old left-hander requested his release.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)