Apr 28, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Lots of shutouts and a handful of two-homer games. And one game that looked Xeroxed from another.
Apr 26, 2014, 2:55 PM EST
The Diamondbacks’ early disappointment has put the jobs of manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers in danger. The players vowed their support and took the blame.
Apr 26, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
First, the umpires nab Michael Pineda for pine tar. Then they get Oliver Perez for having slits in the sleeves of his undershirt. What’s next?! Where do you draw the line?!
Apr 25, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
The downtrodden Diamondbacks will be without their slugger for six weeks.
Apr 25, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Let go earlier this week after making six appearances for the Diamondbacks, left-hander Ryan Rowland-Smith has agreed to a minor-league deal with the Blue Jays according to Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish.
Apr 24, 2014, 7:14 AM EST
Michael. Hey, Michael. You got a little, um . . . no, the other side. Yeah, good. You got it.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
According to beat writer Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic, Diamondbacks left fielder Mark Trumbo has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot. Trumbo is headed back to Phoenix, Arizona to have the foot examined by a specialist so that the D’Backs can get a better idea of the injury’s severity.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:36 AM EST
It’s been an awful start for the Snakes. Awful enough to get someone fired?
Apr 22, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Watch as Albert Pujols hits his 499th career home run Tuesday off Nationals starter Taylor Jordan …
Apr 21, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
The Unwritten Rules strike again. Plus, I wish you all a happy Spring Thanksgiving.
Apr 20, 2014, 10:49 AM EST
Yankees starter Ivan Nova has been diagnosed with a partially-torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow — an injury that almost always leads to Tommy John surgery.
Apr 19, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
They needed extra innings to do it, but the Diamondbacks snapped a six-game losing streak last night and finally got a win against the Dodgers.
Apr 18, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
The Diamondbacks will get some power back in their lineup as Cody Ross returns.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 14, 2014, 10:01 PM EST
Trevor Cahill will be a high-priced reliever for now.
Apr 11, 2014, 11:47 AM EST
Randy Wolf won a spot in the Mariners’ starting rotation coming out of spring training, but then the team asked him to sign an advanced consent form that more or less reworked his contract terms and the 37-year-old left-hander requested his release.
Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 AM EST
If a pitcher has a foreign substance on his hand and no one is there to complain about it, does it still raise a stink?
Apr 10, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt came into last night’s game with ridiculous career numbers against Giants right-hander Tim Lincecum … and then Goldschmidt smacked a three-run homer off the two-time Cy Young winner in an Arizona victory.
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 7, 2014, 6:02 AM EST
Matt Kemp and Hanley Ramirez each went yard twice. And I contemplate the return of the game-winning RBI stat.
Apr 6, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Mark Trumbo has started off his D-Backs career in fashion.
Apr 4, 2014, 10:35 PM EST
D-Backs first baseman Paul Goldschmidt is nearly halfway to what is arguably baseball’s most unbreakable record.
Apr 4, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
The Diamondbacks claimed an outfielder from a division rival on waivers.
Apr 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Red Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers dominate the best-selling jerseys list.
Apr 3, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
It was amazing that he was able to get drafted given how much time med school takes.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)