Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Apr 11, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
The Reds won in their final at-bat for the fourth time in four games to start the season. Tigers pitching finally yielded an earned run. Mark Buehrle won his 200th career game. Friday had a lot of interesting results.
Apr 10, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
On Friday against the Cardinals, the Reds became the first team since 1912 to win their first four games in their final at-bat.
Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 18, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
My boy loves Yasiel Puig. My girl loves Clayton Kershaw. They’ve never been to Los Angeles in their lives. How does this happen?
Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Because he wasn’t dominant enough as it was.
Feb 13, 2015, 10:13 AM EDT
The fireballer saved 36 games last year.
Feb 7, 2015, 12:49 PM EDT
The Reds signed reliever Burke Badenhop to a one-year deal on Saturday, bolstering their bullpen.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EDT
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Aroldis Chapman is entrenched as the Reds’ closer.
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Aug 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Aroldis Chapman gave the Reds a big scare when he walked all four batters he faced Sunday and then was unavailable for several days with an “achy” left shoulder, but the flame-throwing closer was back in action Thursday night.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
For whatever it’s worth, Chapman averaged 99.5 miles per hour with his fastball in Sunday’s walk-fest, topping out at 101.5 mph.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 17, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Aroldis Chapman delivered an uncharacteristic performance on Sunday, allowing the Rockies to stage a five-run ninth inning and walk off against the Reds in the first game of Sunday’s double-header.
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EDT
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
Now we’re cooking with gas.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
What contenders are just a pretenders? Who needs to make a big trade? Who actually WILL make a big trade? Come on in for all of your second half preview needs.
Jul 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Reds closer Aroldis Chapman retired both batters he faced in last night’s All-Star game on a total of just five pitches, but while covering first base on Kyle Seager’s eighth-inning ground out he came up limping.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:22 AM EDT
The previous record was held by Hall of Famer Bruce Sutter, who went 39 consecutive appearances with a strikeout in 1977.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 27, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Iglesias’ contract does not count against the international signing bonus limits because he’s older than 23 and has significant experience in Cuba
Jun 20, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
The Blue Jays fell behind 8-0 to the Reds after two innings, but mounted a comeback and wound up winning 14-9.
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 2
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 139
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (139)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)