Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 9, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
This is the first time his name has been mentioned during the hot stove season.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Aroldis Chapman is entrenched as the Reds’ closer.
Nov 30, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Jonathan Papelbon has been among the best closers in the game but the Phillies are generating very little trade interest in the right-hander.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Won’t somebody think of the children?
Aug 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Aroldis Chapman gave the Reds a big scare when he walked all four batters he faced Sunday and then was unavailable for several days with an “achy” left shoulder, but the flame-throwing closer was back in action Thursday night.
Aug 19, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
For whatever it’s worth, Chapman averaged 99.5 miles per hour with his fastball in Sunday’s walk-fest, topping out at 101.5 mph.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 17, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Aroldis Chapman delivered an uncharacteristic performance on Sunday, allowing the Rockies to stage a five-run ninth inning and walk off against the Reds in the first game of Sunday’s double-header.
Aug 13, 2014, 8:18 AM EST
Apparently it’s not just immature young players who need to learn to respect the game who have a lead foot.
Jul 29, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
Now we’re cooking with gas.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
What contenders are just a pretenders? Who needs to make a big trade? Who actually WILL make a big trade? Come on in for all of your second half preview needs.
Jul 16, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Reds closer Aroldis Chapman retired both batters he faced in last night’s All-Star game on a total of just five pitches, but while covering first base on Kyle Seager’s eighth-inning ground out he came up limping.
Jul 12, 2014, 10:22 AM EST
The previous record was held by Hall of Famer Bruce Sutter, who went 39 consecutive appearances with a strikeout in 1977.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jun 27, 2014, 4:28 PM EST
Iglesias’ contract does not count against the international signing bonus limits because he’s older than 23 and has significant experience in Cuba
Jun 20, 2014, 11:25 PM EST
The Blue Jays fell behind 8-0 to the Reds after two innings, but mounted a comeback and wound up winning 14-9.
Jun 17, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
Toronto has called up utility man Munenori Kawasaki from the minors for some infield depth and in a surprising move they demoted right-hander Steve Delabar to Triple-A to make room for him on the roster.
Jun 13, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
I took the kids to the Dodgers-Reds game and they saw Yasiel Puig flop about three feet from the second base bag on a caught stealing. Still: beats working.
Jun 7, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
The Cincinnati Enquirer’s Paul Daugherty went after Joey Votto again.
May 16, 2014, 5:08 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Reds first baseman Joey Votto is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam on his left knee and is likely to be placed on the disabled list.
May 14, 2014, 7:04 AM EST
1-0 leads heading into the ninth were not safe last night.
May 12, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Derek Norris smacked two homers and Gio Gonzalez flashed some Natitude
May 11, 2014, 4:35 PM EST
Aroldis Chapman made a triumphant return to the Reds’ bullpen Sunday afternoon at Great American Ball Park, earning a save and striking out three in his first appearance of the 2014 regular season.
May 10, 2014, 4:19 PM EST
The Reds have activated Aroldis Chapman from the disabled list despite some recent shaky appearances in the minors.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)