Jun 27, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen is among the league leaders in HBP’s, prompting him to give body armor a whirl.
Jun 27, 2015, 5:30 PM EDT
Williams Perez has been a pleasant surprise since joining the Braves’ rotation last month, but he was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday due to a left foot contusion.
Jun 27, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
Pirates outfielder Andrew McCutchen left today’s game against the Braves after he was hit in the left elbow by a 91 mph fastball from Julio Teheran in the first inning.
Jun 25, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Braves right fielder Nick Markakis saw his record errorless streak come to an end this afternoon against the Nationals.
Jun 25, 2015, 6:19 PM EDT
Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman landed on the disabled list earlier this week with what was termed as a right wrist contusion.
Jun 25, 2015, 7:16 AM EDT
Carlos Carrasco tamed the Tigers in what was clearly a worked match.
Jun 24, 2015, 7:20 AM EDT
The kid does it again: Maikel Franco with five RBI against the Yankees.
Jun 23, 2015, 12:52 PM EDT
Huge loss for Atlanta.
Jun 23, 2015, 12:06 PM EDT
Tony La Russa says they only need “a couple of pieces”
Jun 23, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
He didn’t make the team’s flight to Washington following his MRI.
Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM EDT
A big day for J.D. Martinez, who fell just short of Pulling a Whitten. Which is a thing I’ve just invented.
Jun 20, 2015, 11:50 PM EDT
The Braves and Diamondbacks agreed on a trade late Saturday night involving Bronson Arroyo, prospect Touki Toussaint, and Phil Gosselin.
Jun 20, 2015, 9:32 PM EDT
Travis d’Arnaud appeared to suffer an arm injury on a play at the plate in Saturday’s game against the Braves.
Jun 20, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Freddie Freeman, bothered by wrist soreness, remains out of the Braves’ lineup on Saturday.
Bob Bowman defends the All-Star vote, says that “the horses are still in the pasture, not in the barn”
Jun 19, 2015, 2:45 PM EDT
60-65 million votes out of 365 million cast have been thrown out. But that’s a feature of the system, not a bug.
Jun 19, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Acquired from the Padres in the Craig Kimbrel trade.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 18, 2015, 11:02 AM EDT
A rah-rah attitude can only take you so far.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:24 AM EDT
More blowouts. More position players pitching. A couple of heroic performances. We had a little of everything last night.
Jun 17, 2015, 4:35 PM EDT
Foltynewicz had some early success, but allowed 16 runs in 16 innings this month.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 15, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
He can’t hit and can’t field his position, so this is an easy call.
Jun 11, 2015, 1:59 PM EDT
Jordan Baker’s ground game is pretty strong.
Jun 11, 2015, 10:48 AM EDT
Cahill is making $12 million this season.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)