Sep 22, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
The Braves cratered this year. Someone had to take the fall.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
It looks like Frank Wren is gonna take the fall for the Braves’ collapse.
Sep 21, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
It’s official: the Braves will not be playing post-season baseball in 2014.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 PM EDT
The Braves have wilted down the stretch and it appears that some changes could be in store for their front office following the season.
Sep 19, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
As usual, context is everything.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
Gattis met with team doctors Monday in attempt to find an answer with his illness.
Sep 14, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Adrian Gonzalez thinks anyone who doesn’t think Clayton Kershaw is the NL MVP is an “idiot”. He’s not wrong.
Sep 13, 2014, 4:36 PM EDT
Gattis hasn’t played since last Sunday.
Sep 12, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
There may come a day when everyone looks like Jason Heyward here. But I doubt it will happen for a while.
Sep 10, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Tonight will be the third straight missed game for Gattis and the Braves have tomorrow off on the schedule.
Sep 9, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Bryant, who was selected second overall in last year’s draft out of the University of San Diego, hit .325 with a 1.098 OPS and minor league-leading 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A at age 22.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 8, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Gattis has struggled since returning from a three-week disabled list stint for a bulging disk in his back, hitting just .237 with a .720 OPS in 39 games dating back to mid-July after carrying a .900 OPS to the DL.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EDT
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Sep 1, 2014, 7:21 PM EDT
Franco got off to a slow start this season, but he has been on a tear in Triple-A since the start of July.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 31, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
Aroldis Chapman has had a great season, as usual, but he could do something no pitcher has done since the implementation of pitch-tracking technology in 2006.
Aug 29, 2014, 6:58 AM EDT
Yet another protested game in a week full of protests. This one isn’t going anywhere, though.
Aug 28, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
This is just sad.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:55 AM EDT
Every fifth day I wake up in the morning and see another impressive Clayton Kershaw pitching line.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:23 PM EDT
Andrelton Simmons kept the Braves’ late lead intact with this ridiculous play Wednesday night against the Mets …
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)