May 4, 2015, 9:03 PM EDT
Jackson sprained his ankle during Sunday’s game and will require an extended absence.
Apr 19, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Who can stop Nelson Cruz?
Mar 26, 2015, 2:51 PM EDT
The pitching is great and the offense should be better. But is better good enough?
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Oct 6, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
GM Dave Drombowski and owner Mike Ilitch will have to dig deep to keep the team together this winter.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Detroit’s manager has looked like a rookie these last two days.
Oct 2, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
In addition to taking over for Austin Jackson in center field Davis has also hit .282 with a .721 OPS and 36 steals in 134 games.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Davis isn’t a big name, but he stepped in as the primary center fielder when the Tigers traded Austin Jackson to the Mariners in the three-team swap that netted them David Price from the Rays.
Sep 29, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
Trout vs. Martinez? Hernandez vs. Kluber? Here are one person’s picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
Sep 28, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
As reported by Lynn G. Henning of the Detroit News, outfielder Rajai Davis suffered a Grade 1 strain of his pubic symphysis Saturday night while sprinting down the first base line on a second-inning groundout. It’s essentially a minor groin strain …
Sep 28, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
The Mariners walked off in the 11th inning on Saturday, keeping their Wild Card hopes alive. They can force a tie-breaker with a win and an Athletics loss on Sunday.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
The hourglass is running low on this team.
Aug 1, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
James Jones has been the Mariners’ starting center fielder since making his MLB debut in mid-April, logging more than 300 plate appearances, but now the 25-year-old is headed back to Triple-A following yesterday’s trade for Tigers center fielder Austin Jackson.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:34 AM EDT
For the Tigers, today is all that matters.
Aug 1, 2014, 6:35 AM EDT
A good day for Clayton Kershaw. A bad day for Cliff Lee, Tyler Skaggs and Eric Hosmer.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 31, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
With Price in town, a guy who one the AL MVP and Cy Young Award a couple of years ago is now the TIgers fourth starter.
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jun 30, 2014, 11:48 PM EDT
Athletics closer Sean Doolittle issued a rare walk before serving up a walk-off grand slam to Tigers outfielder Rajai Davis this evening in Detroit.
Jun 8, 2014, 7:40 AM EDT
“We’re going streaking!!!” screamed the obnoxious drunk guy. “OK!” shouted back the Red Sox.
Apr 26, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
At least a Pirates hitter is leading the majors in something.
Mar 31, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
For the past few weeks we’ve been previewing the 2014 season. Here, in handy one-stop-shopping form, is our package of previews from the National League Central. The Cardinals won the pennant, but they got even better. The Reds and Pirates stood mostly pat. The Brewers have Ryan Braun back, but will that get them anything more than…
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 0
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 110
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (111)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)