Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
May 26, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
Austin Wates‘ over-the-wall catch earlier this month was pretty incredible, but this one may have topped it. That’s Derrick Salberg of Lower Columbia College. While the catch is impressive enough on its own, it’s even more remarkable given the context. Salsberg’s grab was with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning and prevented…
May 7, 2012, 9:27 PM EST
In case you haven’t seen it yet, Austin Wates, an Astros prospect playing at Double-A Corpus Christi, made the catch of the year so far, robbing San Antonio’s Nathan Freiman of a home run Sunday.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)