Nov 13, 2014, 9:31 AM EST
Could that make this man their left fielder? And if so, are there enough antacids in the world for me to endure it?
Sep 26, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
B.J. Upton claimed an ignominious Braves record with a second-inning strikeout on Friday night.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:56 AM EST
The Braves cratered this year. Someone had to take the fall.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
It looks like Frank Wren is gonna take the fall for the Braves’ collapse.
Sep 20, 2014, 3:26 PM EST
The Braves have wilted down the stretch and it appears that some changes could be in store for their front office following the season.
Aug 23, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Bob Nightengale reports that the Braves and Cubs nearly swapped beleaguered, expensive players in B.J. Upton and Edwin Jackson, but it never materialized.
Aug 9, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday in MLB, including a long-awaited win for the Braves.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 7, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
It’s Corey Kluber’s world. We’re all just living in it. We had no idea we were, though, because most of us don’t pay a heck of a lot of attention to Corey Kluber. Like, how are we supposed to know it’s his world anyway? What are we, psychic? Put up a sign.
Jul 6, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
Aaron Harang was far from dominant and Andrelton Simmons made a rare pair of bad errors at shortstop, but the Braves produced 10 runs on 14 hits Saturday to beat the Diamondbacks. It was the ninth win in a row for Atlanta — the top dog in the National League East by 1 1/2 games.
Jun 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
He’s day-to-day. At least that’s what the Braves hope.
Play of the Day: Phillies broadcaster Tom McCarthy catches Freddie Freeman’s home run in the center field seats
Jun 27, 2014, 7:23 PM EST
Tom McCarthy was the unlikely recipient of a Freddie Freeman home run ball while broadcasting from center field.
Jun 18, 2014, 8:32 PM EST
Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia has been activated from the disabled list after missing a little over two weeks with a concussion. He will catch Andrew Heaney on Thursday in the 23-year-old top prospect’s major league debut.
Jun 16, 2014, 10:32 AM EST
He’s a catcher. And Evan Gattis’ bat is essential. So that would make Gattis an outfielder. At least in name.
May 23, 2014, 6:23 AM EST
Boston has lost seven straight. Mark Buehrle has eight wins.
Apr 27, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Reds manager Bryan Price made the right call in challenging a first-inning ruling by the first base umpire, but was punished in several ways.
Apr 25, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
Worst case scenario: he’ll see his strikeouts as clearly as we all do.
Apr 22, 2014, 6:56 AM EST
Baseball’s two brightest young stars pass like ships in the night.
Apr 21, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Meanwhile, on a slow Monday afternoon . . .
Apr 19, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
Evan Longoria climbs to the top of yet another Rays franchise leaderboard.
Apr 18, 2014, 4:31 PM EST
Don’t look at me that way. It’s late afternoon on a Friday that a lot of people have off work. There’s a Reds-Cubs game one. Motivation is kinda hard to come by. Besides, this is kinda mesmerizing.
Apr 12, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Ryan Zimmerman cheated death and still got two outs.
Apr 11, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Steve Sparks had his greatest in-game contribution in a decade.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)