Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 15, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
Statcast, the new 3D tracking technology from MLB Advanced Media, gives us this unique look at Alex Gordon’s spectacular fifth-inning catch that robbed J.J. Hardy of an extra-base hit …
Oct 15, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Ned Yost always bunts. Ned Yost always wins.
Oct 15, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
No one was counting on Baltimore sweeping and then getting swept.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Would you be willing to beat $15.3 million plus a draft pick for a 35-year-old Nelson Cruz next year?
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM EDT
For the Orioles, it’ll take a miracle. Meanwhile the Giants seek to take control.
Oct 15, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
Four-game winning streaks happen all of the time, right?
Oct 14, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
The Royals — who hadn’t made a playoff appearance in 29 years and had to make it through the American League Wild Card Game this year — are now just one win away from advancing to the World Series.
Oct 14, 2014, 10:26 PM EDT
A leadoff single from Norichika Aoki, a one-out single from Eric Hosmer, and then an RBI sacrifice fly to deep left field by Billy Butler has given the Royals their first lead of this ALCS Game 3 at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.
Oct 14, 2014, 8:42 PM EDT
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Orioles have officially named right-hander Miguel Gonzalez their starting pitcher for Game 4 of the ALCS on Wednesday afternoon in Kansas City.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 13, 2014, 5:01 PM EDT
Did you know that, in Chinese, the symbol for rain is the same as the symbol for opportunity? OK, that’s not true, actually.
Oct 13, 2014, 9:39 AM EDT
And he says the Orioles probably don’t think it is either.
Oct 11, 2014, 8:57 PM EDT
Watch Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain make an incredible snag in the sixth inning of ALCS Game 2 against the Orioles.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:53 PM EDT
Game 2 of the ALCS is tied up at four apiece going into the ninth inning.
Oct 11, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Royals starter Yordano Ventura was removed from his Game 2 ALCS start against the Orioles with an injury.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 47
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)