Jul 29, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Your mileage may vary, but for my money the ugliest game of the year happened last night.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Kris Bryant walked the Rockies off and then the Rockies sent Troy Tulowitzki off.
Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A monster day for the young — Mike Trout — and for the old — David Ortiz.
Jul 23, 2015, 6:59 AM EDT
A-Rod smacked one 453 feet. Which is impossible because the New York Daily News told me he was finished and would retire because his hip and his shame and whatnot.
Jul 22, 2015, 4:52 PM EDT
Pearce’s entire season has been a huge letdown after his breakout 2014 campaign.
Jul 21, 2015, 10:29 AM EDT
There are no dynasties in baseball anymore. But the Tigers have been a mini-dynasty in the AL Central, having won it for the past four seasons. In the past two weeks, however, their aims have radically changed.
Jul 19, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
The Orioles have their sights set high for potential outfield upgrades, as they’re reportedly interested in Justin Upton and Carlos Gomez.
Jul 18, 2015, 11:49 AM EDT
Tigers outfielder J.D. Martinez got it done in the field and at the plate in last night’s win over the Orioles.
Jul 16, 2015, 5:28 PM EDT
Cabrera signed a one-year, $2.4 million contract with the Orioles this offseason only to be released last week.
Jul 16, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
At the risk of stating the obvious, the best player in baseball is having the best season in the American League.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:43 PM EDT
Mike Trout homered, scored twice and took part in a third scoring play as he picked up the MVP Award and led the American League to victory.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:53 PM EDT
Trout walked in his fourth plate appearance. He’s the first All-Star to have four plate appearances since 2009.
Jul 14, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
We’re in the top of the seventh and substitutions are coming quickly, but the game remains tight.
Jul 14, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
First pitch is 8:15. Here is everything you need to know.
Jul 13, 2015, 10:48 PM EDT
The hometown hero does it!
Jul 13, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Some interesting choices by managers Ned Yost and Bruce Bochy.
Jul 10, 2015, 11:13 AM EDT
The home town guy is the man to beat in the eyes of the oddsmakers.
Jul 9, 2015, 3:16 PM EDT
No one wanted him via trade.
Jul 9, 2015, 2:49 PM EDT
Gardner was among the five AL players involved in the “Final Vote” contest, but was not doing well in the voting early on.
Jul 8, 2015, 6:04 PM EDT
The participants in the 2015 MLB Home Run Derby are being revealed live on Sportscenter at 6 p.m. ET. We’ll list all of the names here as they come out …
Jul 8, 2015, 9:14 AM EDT
Rodriguez not making the All-Star team is not an injustice. But his not making it is a baseball thing.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:28 AM EDT
Short version: Ned Yost thinks this is an actual baseball game!
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Jul 6, 2015, 7:03 AM EDT
Justin Verlander, doing the same things over and over and expecting different results.
Jul 5, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Schoop originally landed on the disabled list on April 18 after being diagnosed with both a PCL tear and MCL strain in his left knee.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 0
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 84
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)