Dec 13, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Nice try, Phillies, but you can’t just dump Ryan Howard off on an unsuspecting team like that.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
Kemp appears more and more likely to be headed to the Padres.
Dec 9, 2014, 5:39 PM EST
It’s superficially a good fit.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:32 PM EST
Liriano was a buy-low pickup for the Pirates two offseasons ago and provided a huge return on a minimal investment.
Dec 9, 2014, 1:14 AM EST
The Yankees were not, apparently, as “heavily invested” in Robertson as some were saying.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:43 PM EST
The Yankees just made a big commitment to a free agent reliever, signing left-hander Andrew Miller last Friday to a four-year, $36 million contract. But they’re not done addressing the back end of their bullpen.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:20 PM EST
Don’t believe the anti-hype.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 7, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The Astros made a big push to sign free agent reliever Andrew Miller before he settled on a four-year, $36 million contract offer from the Yankees. Now the Houston front office is focusing its effort and its budget on a different late-inning option.
Dec 6, 2014, 1:49 PM EST
One of the best relievers in baseball is on the trading block.
Dec 6, 2014, 10:48 AM EST
The Mariners signed veteran slugger Nelson Cruz to a four-year, $57 million contract this week, but general manager Jack Zduriencik is still looking for ways to improve his lineup.
Dec 5, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Free agent outfielder Melky Cabrera is now on the Mariners’ radar and seems to be a good fit for the club.
Dec 5, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
With Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances at the back of their bullpen, the Yankees are prepared to move on if David Robertson doesn’t reduce his sticker price.
Dec 5, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Andrew Miller had a four-year, $40 million offer on the table but decided to sign with the Yankees for 4/$36 million.
Dec 5, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
Well, this helps explain why the Orioles backed away.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
Young is coming off a nice year as a part-time player where he batted .302 with seven home runs and .779 OPS over 255 plate appearances.
Dec 4, 2014, 9:01 AM EST
Which makes it appear as though he is Yankees-bound
Dec 4, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Oh, he’s a “true professional?” So we have to pay him?
Dec 3, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Here is Adam Jones’ reaction to the Orioles letting longtime teammate Nick Markakis walk as a free agent …
Dec 3, 2014, 6:21 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reports that the Braves have agreed to terms on a four-year contract with free agent outfielder Nick Markakis.
Dec 3, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Will they save the Braves from themselves?
Dec 3, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Nelson Cruz replacement?
Dec 2, 2014, 8:47 PM EST
FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reported Sunday that the Orioles had reached out to the Dodgers to discuss the possibility of acquiring outfielder Matt Kemp. But it doesn’t sound like it’s going to happen.
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 18
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 132
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (130)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)