Apr 29, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Come-from-behind victories, Joe Maddon the Barbarian and Thomas Jefferson fantasies. Just . . . read.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:34 AM EDT
And no, I don’t say that just because Adam Wainwright has been lost for the season due to an injury sustained while hitting.
Apr 24, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
Yordano Ventura and the Royals find themselves in yet another fracas.
Apr 23, 2015, 4:17 PM EDT
The Legend of Bartolo grows.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:51 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including the exploits of Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon.
Apr 16, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
This guy? Kind of scruffy-lookin’, no?
Apr 10, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
Mark Buehrle has become the 116th pitcher to win at least 200 games in his career.
Apr 7, 2015, 9:40 AM EDT
Viva one game analysis
Apr 7, 2015, 6:20 AM EDT
Opening Day — real Opening Day, not that phony baloney Sunday night rebop — happened yesterday.
Mar 24, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
Are the Indians trending up or down entering Terry Francona’s third year as manager?
Mar 24, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the return of Matt Harvey and the offseason signing of Michael Cuddyer propel the Mets into contention?
Mar 24, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Spoiler alert: it doesn’t.
Mar 23, 2015, 3:33 PM EDT
They’ve reshuffled the deck for 2015. But that’s OK, they do that a lot and it always seems to work out OK.
Mar 22, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Seasoned veteran Bartolo Colon will have the honor of starting on Opening Day for the Mets.
Mar 5, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper is understandably confident about his team’s chances, but Zack Wheeler thinks the Mets can make things interesting.
Feb 27, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
Yes, this is mostly just an excuse to post a picture of Bartolo Colon
Feb 17, 2015, 7:50 AM EDT
Who was the first big leaguer younger than you? Who was — or will be — the last one older than you?
Feb 14, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
At the start of the offseason, it appeared inevitable that the Mets would move one of their starting pitchers. They are about to go into spring training with all of them.
Jan 16, 2015, 7:42 PM EDT
The Mets still have a few potential takers for starter Dillon Gee. They settled on a $5.3 million salary for the 2015 season on Friday.
Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
More so than Bartolo Colon and Jon Niese, even.
Dec 1, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Too many pitchers, not enough rotation spots.
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EDT
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
On a somewhat ugly night in Major League Baseball Chris Young plays the hero.
Aug 27, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
With an $11 million salary for next season Mets right-hander Bartolo Colon is apparently out of the Angels’ price range as they try to upgrade the injury wrecked rotation, but Diamondbacks right-hander Trevor Cahill could be an option.
Aug 26, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Two of those make sense. And why the Angels didn’t claim him on waivers still doesn’t make sense to me.
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 44
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 53
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 30
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Video: Remembering Rickey Henderson’s record-setting stolen base 31
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)