Aug 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Carlos Torres will step in for Colon and make the spot start against the Cubs.
Aug 13, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
It’s fun to play God.
Aug 8, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Bartolo Colon joined the 200-win club with a strong performance against the Phillies on Friday night.
Aug 3, 2014, 11:22 AM EDT
Colon will hit a milestone if he can reel off a third straight victory this afternoon.
Jose Bautista, Casey Janssen “frustrated” and “disappointed” by Blue Jays’ lack of trade deadline activity
Aug 1, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Toronto was 38-24 and in first place by six games on June 6, but the Blue Jays have gone 22-26 since then and general manager Alex Anthopoulos did nothing at the trade deadline yesterday.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
I never understand the Royals.
Jul 25, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
At age 41 he’s at risk to break down, but Colon has a 2.98 ERA in his last 12 starts with a 62/14 K/BB ratio and .217 opponents’ batting average in 85 innings.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 24, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
The Rays stay hot, the Yankees get an assist from Mother Nature and Mike Moustakas showed us how to jar a bar loose from the catcher’s mitt without breaking the home plate collision rules.
Jul 14, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Colon has mediocre overall numbers thanks to a poor first six weeks, but since mid-May he’s started 10 games with a 2.74 ERA and 51/12 K/BB ratio in 72 innings.
Jun 30, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw continues to dominate. And the Dodgers find themselves in a virtual tie for first place in the NL West.
Jun 23, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Could be the best game plan for multiple reasons, actually.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EDT
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 18, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Fact: you couldn’t make contact off Lance Lynn. Bartolo Colon just hit a double off him.
Jun 14, 2014, 11:01 AM EDT
40-year-old Bobby Abreu was released by the Phillies at the end of spring training, but he continues to be a surprising contributor for the offense-starved Mets.
Jun 4, 2014, 6:40 AM EDT
Henderson Alvarez has three shutouts. Three shutouts was enough to be the full-season leader in that category in five of the past 11 seasons.
Jun 3, 2014, 6:39 AM EDT
Jose Abreu is back, Clayton Kershaw withstood his return and I made a sobering discovery about “Billy Madison.”
Jun 2, 2014, 6:38 PM EDT
The Mets might not make the playoffs this season, but they can at least hang their hats on this little distinction.
May 29, 2014, 7:01 AM EDT
Ryan Howard walked the Phillies off with a three-run homer. Josh Donaldson did the same thing for the Athletics. Really, if you weren’t hitting walkoff three-run homers last night, we don’t want to know you.
May 17, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
Juan Lagares showed the Mets why he should be the team’s everyday center fielder on Saturday afternoon.
May 12, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Alfonso Soriano notched his 1,000th hit in the American League this evening against the Mets.
May 7, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
They’ve already set a new modern record for the most hitless at-bats to begin a season, but the Mets’ pitchers aren’t done yet. After another 0-for yesterday the pitching staff is a collective 0-for-55 at the plate this year.
May 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Carlos Gonzalez is day-to-day with a left index finger contusion.
Apr 26, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The Mets stuck up for teammate Bartolo Colon after the New York Post made fat jokes in an article, including in the headline.
Apr 25, 2014, 6:51 AM EDT
The Yankees bounce back. The Astros play like bush leaguers.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)