Apr 13, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
The Superman is real. And he plays for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Apr 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Power hitter extraordinaire Ben Revere walked the Phillies off in an exhibition game against the Pirates on Friday night.
Apr 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are going to be bad in 2015. But just how bad?
Mar 31, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
The Phillies outfield is gonna be a train wreck.
Mar 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Baseball technically has a rule against “fraternization.” It’s a dumb rule.
Mar 29, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
Ben Revere broke a promise to Rajai Davis when the Phillies’ left fielder robbed a home run.
Mar 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg shook up his outfield a bit on Sunday, announcing that Ben Revere would be moving to left field.
Mar 27, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The Twins reportedly have a bit of interest in free agent reliever Rafael Soriano.
Mar 27, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Domonic Brown is battling an Achilles injury, leaving him unlikely to play on Opening Day.
Dec 13, 2014, 12:05 PM EDT
Wood turns 28 in February and posted an ugly 5.03 ERA and 146/76 K/BB ratio in 173 2/3 innings over 31 starts this past season.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Justin and B.J. Upton became the first pair of brother teammates since 1900 to each hit a home run and record an outfield assist in the same game.
Sep 14, 2014, 9:25 PM EDT
Rafael Soriano has made some mechanical adjustments but the Nationals aren’t ready to hand him back the closer’s role yet.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EDT
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Sep 6, 2014, 1:50 PM EDT
The Nationals aren’t making any rash decisions with the closer’s role, opting to give Rafael Soriano a couple days off to work on his mechanics.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro thinks oft-injured veteran outfielder Grady Sizemore could be a part of the team’s rebuilding effort.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
Trevor May made his major league debut in a start against the Athletics on Saturday night, but it ended much sooner than he had hoped.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
May was acquired from the Phillies in the Ben Revere trade two offseasons ago and repeated Double-A last season before taking a big step forward at Triple-A this year.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 29, 2014, 10:05 AM EDT
Last night Worley tossed a complete-game shutout against the Giants, improving to 4-1 with a 2.54 ERA in 50 innings for the Pirates.
Jul 11, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Philadelphia’s usual center fielder and leadoff man, Ben Revere, is out of the starting lineup for the second straight game because of an ankle injury.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 48
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 25
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)