Dec 13, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
Wood turns 28 in February and posted an ugly 5.03 ERA and 146/76 K/BB ratio in 173 2/3 innings over 31 starts this past season.
Oct 17, 2014, 7:25 PM EST
Elvis Andrus is slimming down.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Justin and B.J. Upton became the first pair of brother teammates since 1900 to each hit a home run and record an outfield assist in the same game.
Sep 14, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Rafael Soriano has made some mechanical adjustments but the Nationals aren’t ready to hand him back the closer’s role yet.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:08 AM EST
Morneau currently has a .315 batting average, three points behind Pittsburgh’s Josh Harrison for the National League lead.
Sep 6, 2014, 1:50 PM EST
The Nationals aren’t making any rash decisions with the closer’s role, opting to give Rafael Soriano a couple days off to work on his mechanics.
Sep 6, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
Another blown save — this with the help of a homer from Ben Revere of all people — could cost the Nats’ closer his job.
Sep 5, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Ben Revere had himself a ballgame. He hit his second career home run with two outs in the ninth to tie the ballgame, and maintained his batting average lead in the National League.
Sep 1, 2014, 4:21 PM EST
Four pitchers, led by Cole Hamels, who handled six innings of it, combined to no-hit the Atlanta Braves.
Aug 16, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro thinks oft-injured veteran outfielder Grady Sizemore could be a part of the team’s rebuilding effort.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EST
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
Aug 9, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
Trevor May made his major league debut in a start against the Athletics on Saturday night, but it ended much sooner than he had hoped.
Aug 8, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
May was acquired from the Phillies in the Ben Revere trade two offseasons ago and repeated Double-A last season before taking a big step forward at Triple-A this year.
Aug 7, 2014, 6:53 AM EST
Joe Kelly gave his old mates fits. Well, maybe he gave them fits before too. Maybe they weren’t his mates. Maybe there were long-simmering disputes between him and the Cardinals about politics and religion and things. We can’t know!
Jul 29, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
Last night Worley tossed a complete-game shutout against the Giants, improving to 4-1 with a 2.54 ERA in 50 innings for the Pirates.
Jul 11, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Philadelphia’s usual center fielder and leadoff man, Ben Revere, is out of the starting lineup for the second straight game because of an ankle injury.
Jul 1, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
It’s time to re-tool in Philadelphia.
Jun 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Things went south quickly for Grady Sizemore after he made his return to the big leagues in April following a two-year absence. The Red Sox recently released him, but Sizemore is drawing interest from several teams, including the Phillies.
Jun 17, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Phillies center fielder Ben Revere is the most adorable player in baseball and last night, after a 13-inning victory over the Braves, right fielder Marlon Byrd gave him a piggyback ride in from the outfield.
Jun 15, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Vance Worley returned to the major leagues in style, blanking the Marlins over seven innings on Sunday.
Jun 6, 2014, 11:51 AM EST
“Everyone is just looking in the mirror, looking around, trying to find that spark.”
Jun 5, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Doug Fister went into a full split while covering first base this afternoon.
May 31, 2014, 9:40 PM EST
Ruben Tejada shocked the baseball world by homering on Saturday against the Phillies.
May 28, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Duane Kuiper: you’re next.
May 28, 2014, 6:48 AM EST
Eight wins in a row have the Blue Jays jumping for joy.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 0
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 54
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)