Jan 19, 2015, 9:08 AM EST
Ben Zobrist and his wife Julianna thanked Rays fans in a full-page ad for the Tampa Bay Times on Sunday.
Jan 14, 2015, 7:19 PM EST
The Nationals have reportedly acquired shortstop Yunel Escobar from the Athletics.
Jan 11, 2015, 8:17 PM EST
The Nationals, Mets, and Rays engaged in a discussion that would have resulted in a blockbuster trade involving Ben Zobrist and Ian Desmond. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jan 10, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Josh Reddick openly criticized the logic behind the Josh Donaldson deal, but he’s back on board with Billy Beane’s plan after today’s trade for Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar.
Jan 10, 2015, 1:24 PM EST
Billy Beane’s fascinating offseason continues, as the Athletics have acquired Ben Zobrist and Yunel Escobar from the Rays.
Jan 9, 2015, 10:37 PM EST
The Rays’ one-year deal with Asdrubal Cabrera has been made official. He’ll earn $7.5 million in 2015.
Jan 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
The Nationals are currently looking at some combination of Danny Espinosa and Dan Uggla for second base, so there was a clear need even before today, but a deal makes even more sense now that Jayson Werth needs shoulder surgery and will be sidelined for 2-3 months.
Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 PM EST
No James Shields or Max Scherzer for the Giants, but Ben Zobrist remains an option according to a recent report.
Dec 30, 2014, 11:37 AM EST
Ben Zobrist could be on the move.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
According to Peter Gammons, some GMs think the Giants will eventually trade for Ben Zobrist.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:16 AM EST
Zobrist has been a regular for the Rays since 2008.
Oct 31, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
He’ll be eligible for free agency next offseason at age 34.
Oct 8, 2014, 1:28 AM EST
Few changes are needed for the club with the NL’s best record in 2014.
Aug 23, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Alex Gordon could become a free agent after the 2015 season, but the Royals’ outfielder plans to exercise his $12.5 million player option for 2016 instead.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Jul 31, 2014, 4:15 PM EST
Recapping all of Thursday’s dealings in one spot.
Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
The Yankees and Rangers gave us a retro night in Arlington.
Jul 26, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including another win for the red-hot Rays.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EST
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports that the Cardinals have interest in acquiring Rays ace David Price but only if they can be sure it’s not going to be a short-term rental.
Jul 17, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
The Mariners might give up a big chunk of their future in an effort to reach the playoffs for the first time since 2001.
May 29, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Ben Zobrist will come off the disabled list and rejoin the Rays on Friday for the start of a three-game series against the Red Sox, returning after missing the past two weeks with a dislocated left thumb.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 18
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)