Nov 4, 2014, 6:02 PM EDT
The Baseball Writers Association of America (BBWAA) is announcing the top three finalists for American League and National League Rookie of the Year, Manager of the Year, Cy Young, and Most Valuable Player during a one-hour special airing right now (6:00 p.m. ET) on MLB Network. We will post those names here as they are rolled out …
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 9, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
He’s certainly up there. Let’s learn a bit about him, shall we?
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 28, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Jose Altuve and Justin Morneau are your 2014 batting champions in the American League and the National League, respectively.
Sep 26, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Yet another reason to stop referring to concussions as “mild.”
Sep 24, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
It would have been Braun’s 20th homer of the season.
Sep 23, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Last week deGrom tied the MLB record by striking out the first eight batters he faced against the Marlins and overall since mid-June he has a 1.90 ERA in 15 starts.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EDT
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Sep 9, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Watch as Cardinals second baseman Kolten Wong tracks down this Billy Hamilton lopper into shallow right-center field to save a run in the bottom of the fourth inning Tuesday night in Cincinnati …
Aug 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Not many rookies in recent MLB history have done as much running as The Fastest Man In Baseball.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:17 PM EDT
Mike Minor is on point in Cincinnati against the Reds on Friday night.
Aug 20, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Watch as Reds outfielder Billy Hamilton pulls off a sensational double play Wednesday in St. Louis …
Aug 10, 2014, 12:40 PM EDT
The New York Mets simply can’t have nice things. Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that rookie right-hander Jacob deGrom — who has posted an impressive 2.87 ERA, 1.226 WHIP, and 94 strikeouts across 100 1/3 innings this season — has left the team in Philadelphia to have his throwing shoulder examined after complaining of soreness.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Last night’s Home Run Derby included just one left-handed hitter (Justin Morneau) among the eight contestants and tonight’s All-Star game will feature only two left-handed hitters (Chase Utley, Robinson Cano) among the 18 starters.
Jul 12, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
There’s increasing evidence that Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton is not of this world.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jul 9, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
The Reds are one of the hottest teams in baseball and beat the Cubs on Wednesday night by a score of 4-1, but there won’t be much of a celebratory mood in the clubhouse afterward …
Jul 9, 2014, 6:54 AM EDT
This was Jacob deGrom’s best performance since he played Jim Morrison in that Oliver Stone Doors flick.
Jul 8, 2014, 6:56 AM EDT
There were fireworks in the 11th inning in Washington last night, but there were also five shutouts around the bigs as the new era of the pitcher continues.
Jul 2, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
And they might still be playing otherwise.
Jun 27, 2014, 11:34 AM EDT
Nelson Cruz could be elected to the All-Star Game. Melky Cabrera and Ryan Braun, too. Shouldn’t the public be more upset about this?
Jun 19, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton has bounced back nicely with the bat after a slow start to the season, but he’s also getting it done defensively.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (135)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)