Jun 19, 2014, 8:11 PM EST
Reds center fielder Billy Hamilton has bounced back nicely with the bat after a slow start to the season, but he’s also getting it done defensively.
Jun 19, 2014, 1:20 PM EST
What an incredibly fun player.
Jun 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
You can’t predict baseball.
Jun 19, 2014, 6:17 AM EST
Clayton Kershaw was nearly perfect. And, at least by one measure, was better than a lot of guys who have thrown perfect games.
Jun 17, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
Dee Gordon should have his dad’s nickname.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
Jun 8, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Ryne Sandberg doesn’t know what to make of the home plate rules after different umpires have interpreted the rules differently over the course of the season.
Jun 4, 2014, 12:16 PM EST
Only three Giants pitchers have an ERA over 4.00. One of them is not like the others.
Jun 4, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
May 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Dee Gordon swiped a pair of bases in support of Josh Beckett as he threw a no-hitter against the Phillies on Sunday. He could do something that hasn’t been done in 26 years.
May 20, 2014, 8:25 AM EST
A home run won the game for Cincinnati , but two fantastic defensive plays preserved it.
May 20, 2014, 6:31 AM EST
Two wins for Ohio teams, both in extra innings, both games decided by homers. Ohio is clearly the home of magical performers turning in clutch performances.
May 6, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
You cant steal first base. And you can’t steal any base from the disabled list.
May 2, 2014, 6:29 AM EST
Let’s play two! Three times! And let’s have a sweep in all three of them!
May 1, 2014, 9:21 PM EST
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: Carlos Gomez took a home run away from Joey Votto tonight.
May 1, 2014, 7:50 PM EST
Billy Hamilton was forced to exit tonight’s game after he sprained knuckles on his left hand when he robbed Carlos Gomez with a diving catch.
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Apr 25, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
The Reds’ hottest hitter suffered a hamstring injury in Friday night’s game against the Braves.
Apr 10, 2014, 7:06 AM EST
I saw Captain America last night. It was way better than the first few innings of the Tigers-Dodgers game.
Apr 9, 2014, 3:10 PM EST
Billy Hamilton has some serious, serious wheels.
Apr 8, 2014, 6:13 AM EST
The A’s remind me of someone. And a couple of rainouts remind me of my favorite movie ever.
Apr 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
This hasn’t been the best week for Billy Hamilton. The speedy outfielder is now dealing with a jammed finger.
Apr 1, 2014, 5:50 AM EST
Does winning on Opening Day mean anything? I dunno, ask Oakland and Seattle.
Mar 31, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
My friend Michele has a son named Whitaker who is into baseball. Really into baseball. Like, I can’t tell you how much he’s into baseball. He plays on a traveling team called the Central Ohio Saints. Go to that link. Of the two tall kids, he’s the one on the left. By the way: he’s 12,…
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)