Boston Red Sox
Feb 26, 2015, 8:40 PM EST
Victorino gave up hitting from the left side late in 2013, but he’s ready to give it another shot.
Feb 25, 2015, 12:32 PM EST
Specifically, the one about batters having to keep a foot in after each pitch.
Feb 25, 2015, 11:54 AM EST
Either that or teams’ memo distribution system is horribly out of whack.
Feb 24, 2015, 9:55 PM EST
Joe Kelly effectively knocked Hanley Ramirez out of the 2013 NLCS when the then-Cardinals-starter struck the then-Dodgers-shortstop in the rib cage with a 95 mph fastball in the top of the first inning of Game 1.
Feb 21, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Ben Cherington will serve as the GM of the Red Sox beyond the 2015 season, according to a report.
Feb 21, 2015, 11:09 AM EST
The Red Sox have extended Farrell’s contract through 2017 with an option for 2018.
Feb 20, 2015, 6:15 PM EST
Shane Victorino has the inside track on the right field job for the Red Sox, according to manager John Farrell.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:30 AM EST
The new rules make sense and shouldn’t cause too much disruption. And they may actually, you know, speed up the game.
Feb 18, 2015, 9:41 PM EST
Red Sox manager John Farrell could be getting a new contract this spring. Sean McAdam of CSN New England has the report …
Feb 18, 2015, 8:28 AM EST
Is it possible Pablo Sandoval is out of shape? Sure. But maybe we should wait for the Red Sox to say so before slamming the guy.
Feb 16, 2015, 11:26 PM EST
Red Sox closer Koji Uehara struggled mightily down the stretch last season and he finally acknowledged to reporters today that it was injury-related.
Feb 13, 2015, 9:40 PM EST
Hanley Ramirez is happy to be back with the Red Sox, the team that originally signed him.
Feb 12, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
He asked for $5.4 million and the Giants countered at $4 million.
Feb 12, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
Less than two months until Opening Day!
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 8, 2015, 10:30 PM EST
Despite losing Jeff Samardzija, Jon Lester, and Jason Hammel, the Athletics do not have a deficit of starting pitching, and they figure to get two more back from the disabled list in June.
Feb 7, 2015, 1:55 PM EST
The Reds will see if Kevin Gregg has anything to offer as they signed him to a minor league contract on Saturday.
Feb 7, 2015, 12:49 PM EST
The Reds signed reliever Burke Badenhop to a one-year deal on Saturday, bolstering their bullpen.
Feb 5, 2015, 3:27 PM EST
He still can become a free agent after 2017. This merely gives the Sox cost certainty.
Feb 4, 2015, 2:30 PM EST
They shoulda let him buy the team. Super Bowl rings woulda fallen from the sky!
Feb 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
Check out what David Ortiz and Robinson Cano think will happen in Super Bowl XLIX on Sunday night.
Jan 31, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
Brandon Workman will enter spring training as a reliever, attempting to grab a scarce spot at the back of the Red Sox bullpen.
Jan 30, 2015, 9:40 PM EST
Joe Kelly has some bold words for non-believers.
Jan 30, 2015, 6:10 PM EST
The Red Sox are willing to trade reliever Edward Mujica, according to a report.
Jan 29, 2015, 5:42 PM EST
Nava requested $2.25 million and the Red Sox countered at $1.3 million.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)