Jul 9, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not-an-All-Star Clayton Kershaw pitched a shutout with 13Ks last night.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Paulo Orlando did what kids pretend to do in their backyards: he hit a walk-off grand slam.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:28 AM EDT
Short version: Ned Yost thinks this is an actual baseball game!
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Felix Hernandez and Chris Archer dueled. Chris Archer, by one measure, pitched better. Felix Hernandez won.
May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Game scores are interesting things. Wins — the team kind, anyway — are far more satisfying.
May 17, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nine pitches, nine strikes, three strikeouts. That’s how Santiago Casilla finished off the Reds on Sunday.
May 14, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Brad Boxberger has done a great job filling in for McGee.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Mar 30, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
He posted a 3.33 ERA in 70 appearances for the Padres in a limited role, logging a total of just 54 innings with a 51/33 K/BB ratio.
Mar 15, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Assuming no setbacks, McGee is on track to join the Rays’ bullpen in late April or early May.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
McGee is expected to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s hoping to return by late April or early May.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
“He’s sore … he was pretty sore last night, so I’m not sure what we’ll have.”
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Jul 1, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
In a good way: it was their pitchers, not their hitters.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
Feb 12, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Cincinnati has avoided arbitration with Mat Latos by signing the right-hander to a two-year, $11.5 million contract. Latos was arbitration eligible for the first time at age 25 and requested $4.7 million while the Reds countered at $4.15 million. This deal gives him some financial security in case an injury happens and gives the team…
Jul 15, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
Already leading the majors in hits allowed with 135, James Shields gave up 11 more Sunday in the Rays’ 7-3 loss to the Red Sox, making this four straight starts in which he’s allowed at least 10. Shields is the first pitcher since the Cardinals’ Joel Pineiro in 2008 to surrender at least 10 hits…
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 0
- Mets acquire center fielder Carlos Gomez from Brewers 37
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 64
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)