Aug 28, 2015, 8:02 AM EDT
Zack Greinke is doing things guys have not done since the Dead Ball era. And I do not mean making scary faces like that.
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Aug 5, 2015, 6:25 PM EDT
Avisail Garcia watched a 3-1 delivery from Brad Boxberger sail outside Wednesday afternoon in Chicago as the White Sox defeated the visiting Rays 6-5 in the bottom of the 10th inning …
Jul 9, 2015, 6:39 AM EDT
Not-an-All-Star Clayton Kershaw pitched a shutout with 13Ks last night.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Paulo Orlando did what kids pretend to do in their backyards: he hit a walk-off grand slam.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:28 AM EDT
Short version: Ned Yost thinks this is an actual baseball game!
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Felix Hernandez and Chris Archer dueled. Chris Archer, by one measure, pitched better. Felix Hernandez won.
May 27, 2015, 3:36 PM EDT
Game scores are interesting things. Wins — the team kind, anyway — are far more satisfying.
May 17, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Nine pitches, nine strikes, three strikeouts. That’s how Santiago Casilla finished off the Reds on Sunday.
May 14, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Brad Boxberger has done a great job filling in for McGee.
Mar 31, 2015, 4:42 PM EDT
Why is this man smiling when his team appears to be destined for last place?
Mar 30, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT
He posted a 3.33 ERA in 70 appearances for the Padres in a limited role, logging a total of just 54 innings with a 51/33 K/BB ratio.
Mar 15, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Assuming no setbacks, McGee is on track to join the Rays’ bullpen in late April or early May.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
McGee is expected to begin the season on the disabled list, but he’s hoping to return by late April or early May.
Sep 12, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
“He’s sore … he was pretty sore last night, so I’m not sure what we’ll have.”
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Jul 1, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
In a good way: it was their pitchers, not their hitters.
May 16, 2014, 6:48 AM EDT
YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff! And YOU get a walkoff!
Feb 12, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Cincinnati has avoided arbitration with Mat Latos by signing the right-hander to a two-year, $11.5 million contract. Latos was arbitration eligible for the first time at age 25 and requested $4.7 million while the Reds countered at $4.15 million. This deal gives him some financial security in case an injury happens and gives the team…
Jul 15, 2012, 3:59 PM EDT
Already leading the majors in hits allowed with 135, James Shields gave up 11 more Sunday in the Rays’ 7-3 loss to the Red Sox, making this four straight starts in which he’s allowed at least 10. Shields is the first pitcher since the Cardinals’ Joel Pineiro in 2008 to surrender at least 10 hits…
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)