Jun 24, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Signed to a minor-league contract by the Rangers last week, veteran first baseman is back in the majors as part of Texas’ never-ending need for injury reinforcements.
Jun 17, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
The blows keep coming for the battered Rangers. According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, first baseman Mitch Moreland informed the club on Tuesday evening that he will undergo reconstructive surgery on his left ankle and miss the remainder of the 2014 season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)