Oct 11, 2014, 8:49 PM EST
The Giants were able to plate a pair of runs in the second inning of NLCS Game 1 against Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright.
Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Facing elimination, the Nationals got a big start out of Doug Fister.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:02 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann versus Drew Storen was not a gimme.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:16 AM EST
Brandon Belt was the offensive hero for the Giants in Game 2 of the NLDS on Saturday night, breaking an 18th-inning 1-1 tie with a solo home run.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner dominated over nine shutout innings and Brandon Crawford hit a grand slam as San Francisco cruised to an easy 8-0 victory over the host Pirates on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Hitting the cutoff man is overrated
Sep 15, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brandon Belt feels good after passing concussion tests, though he still may not face pitching in a live game for a little while longer.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been cleared to resume baseball activities, but the Giants still don’t know if the first baseman will return before the end of the season.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brandon Belt will be limited to cardio for another week and a half. The first baseman has been sidelined since early August with concussion symptoms.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EST
Brandon Belt’s tough summer continues, as the Giants have placed him back on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Giants currently have two players sidelined with concussions. Brandon Belt appears closer to returning than Hector Sanchez.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:57 AM EST
Injuries are mounting for the first place Giants.
Jul 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The Giants’ 9-6 victory over the Phillies lasted 14 innings, involved 16 pitchers throwing 507 times to the plate, took five hours and 46 minutes, included more cramping than a track meet for septuagenarians and it finally ended 7 minutes before 1 a.m. Wednesday morning at Citizens Bank Park when Tim Lincecum really and truly recorded his first career save.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)