Oct 11, 2014, 4:40 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner vs. Adam Wainwright
Oct 8, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Yeah, but it’ll be all hands on deck for Game Never on Thursday.
Oct 7, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
Gio Gonzalez vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 6, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
Facing elimination, the Nationals got a big start out of Doug Fister.
Oct 6, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Doug Fister vs. Madison Bumgarner.
Oct 5, 2014, 1:02 AM EST
Jordan Zimmermann versus Drew Storen was not a gimme.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:16 AM EST
Brandon Belt was the offensive hero for the Giants in Game 2 of the NLDS on Saturday night, breaking an 18th-inning 1-1 tie with a solo home run.
Oct 5, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
The Giants very nearly lost Game 2 of the NLDS against the Nationals, but rallied with two outs in the ninth inning to force a tie before finally emerging victorious after 18 innings thanks to a Brandon Belt solo home run.
Oct 4, 2014, 2:38 PM EST
Tim Hudson vs. Jordan Zimmermann.
Oct 3, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Jake Peavy vs. Stephen Strasburg.
Oct 3, 2014, 12:06 PM EST
Michael Morse is out, but otherwise it’s as expected.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:20 PM EST
Madison Bumgarner dominated over nine shutout innings and Brandon Crawford hit a grand slam as San Francisco cruised to an easy 8-0 victory over the host Pirates on Wednesday night in Pittsburgh.
Oct 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EST
Not a ton of surprises. Gaby Sanchez in at first over Ike Davis because of the lefty on the hill. Otherwise, play ball.
Sep 27, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
This ends a streak of 331 consecutive starts, the longest active streak in the majors.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Hitting the cutoff man is overrated
Sep 15, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 12, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brandon Belt feels good after passing concussion tests, though he still may not face pitching in a live game for a little while longer.
Sep 11, 2014, 11:16 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been limited to just five games since July 19 due to concussion symptoms.
Sep 7, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brandon Belt has been cleared to resume baseball activities, but the Giants still don’t know if the first baseman will return before the end of the season.
Aug 30, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Brandon Belt will be limited to cardio for another week and a half. The first baseman has been sidelined since early August with concussion symptoms.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 PM EST
Brandon Belt’s tough summer continues, as the Giants have placed him back on the 7-day concussion disabled list.
Jul 28, 2014, 9:20 PM EST
The Giants currently have two players sidelined with concussions. Brandon Belt appears closer to returning than Hector Sanchez.
Jul 25, 2014, 9:57 AM EST
Injuries are mounting for the first place Giants.
Jul 23, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
The Giants’ 9-6 victory over the Phillies lasted 14 innings, involved 16 pitchers throwing 507 times to the plate, took five hours and 46 minutes, included more cramping than a track meet for septuagenarians and it finally ended 7 minutes before 1 a.m. Wednesday morning at Citizens Bank Park when Tim Lincecum really and truly recorded his first career save.
Jul 20, 2014, 5:11 PM EST
Giants first baseman Brandon Belt was struck in the head by a thrown ball during batting practice on Saturday and now Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he is headed to the disabled list.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)