Jan 5, 2015, 7:58 PM EST
The Orioles have free agent outfielder Colby Rasmus on their radar, but it seems that they might have some competition from another team in the American League East.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
One unearned run was all he allowed against his old mates. Tough way to lose.
Jun 24, 2014, 12:48 PM EST
Jerry Sands would have been in line for extended action in the Rays’ outfield following David DeJesus’ fractured hand, but now Sands is headed to the disabled list with a strained wrist tendon.
Jun 19, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
David DeJesus has been one of the Rays’ few productive hitters this season, but now the veteran outfielder will be out of the lineup for a while with a fractured right hand suffered Wednesday on a check swing.
May 24, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
The Red Sox haven’t been enjoying the last week and a half of baseball.
Apr 19, 2014, 11:01 AM EST
Cesar Cabral was ejected after hitting three batters Friday against the Rays. And then his night got worse.
Sep 17, 2013, 11:27 PM EST
As first reported by Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times, the Rays have officially promoted shortstop prospect Tim Beckham from Triple-A Durham. To clear a spot on the 40-man roster, injured outfielder Brandon Guyer was put on the 60-day disabled list. Beckham, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2008 MLB Amateur Draft, could…
Jan 18, 2013, 7:53 PM EST
The Rays have spent some money this winter, adding Yunel Escobar for shortstop, James Loney for first base and Roberto Hernandez to the pitching staff. Their rotation is fine even with James Shields gone and the infield might be set, if Ben Zobrist plays second base, but the team still has some needs as is.…
Jun 19, 2012, 4:18 PM EST
The Rays just announced that Jeremy Hellickson was placed on the disabled list with right shoulder fatigue. Chris Archer will be called up from Triple-A Durham to make his major league debut tomorrow night against the Nationals. Hellickson was knocked around for a career-high eight runs on nine hits (including three home runs) last Thursday…
May 25, 2012, 6:53 PM EST
It just hasn’t been Brandon Guyer‘s year. He’s still facing a $5 million lawsuit because a drunk Matt Bush was driving his vehicle at the time he nearly killed a guy, and now he’s going to require shoulder surgery and miss the rest of the season. Guyer, a 26-year-old outfielder, had been in the majors…
Mar 18, 2012, 8:10 PM EST
It’s not every day a team sends down two former No. 1 draft picks. Reliever Matt Bush, the first overall selection in the 2004 draft, and shortstop Tim Beckham, the first pick in 2008, were both demoted as part of the Rays’ roster cuts on Sunday. Both moves were expected. The more surprising demotion was…
Jan 27, 2012, 6:20 PM EST
Counting on Carlos Pena, Matt Joyce and Luke Scott to fill key roles this year, the Rays had set themselves up to have huge problems against lefties in the bottom half of the order. That was alleviated somewhat today with the signing of Jeff Keppinger. Of course, Keppinger doesn’t play the same position as any…
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 30
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 28
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)