Feb 16, 2015, 6:40 AM EST
He’ll also get a plaque in Monument Park
Jan 9, 2015, 4:31 PM EST
Good to see a baseball player writing in the offseason rather than working out. Because as we learned earlier today, working out in January is devious and bad.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
No, it’s not crazy to pay a free agent for what you think he’ll do in the future. That’s the bleedin’ point.
Dec 17, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
A columnist takes a strange approach to criticizing the Brandon McCarthy contract. And his reasoning for doing so is pretty clear.
Dec 15, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Viva La Airbrushing.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 11, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
The Yankees may actually be rebuilding and eschewing even moderate-sized deals.
Dec 11, 2014, 3:54 AM EST
The Dodgers aren’t done making deals yet. They are reportedly close to a trade to send outfielder Matt Kemp to San Diego.
Dec 10, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
The Dodgers add another fine arm to an already-stacked rotation.
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Nov 10, 2014, 9:25 PM EST
Jason Hammel faded after a mid-season trade to the Athletics, but that hasn’t stopped him from being a popular target in free agency.
Nov 8, 2014, 8:40 PM EST
The Yankees want to bring Brandon McCarthy back, but the right-hander will wait for the market to play out before making a decision.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
Instead, the Bombers are expected to focus on less expensive players like Brandon McCarthy and Chase Headley
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Sep 26, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
With Kirk Gibson gone, a look at what’s next for the Diamondbacks.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:30 AM EST
It was only a matter of time. And that time has come.
Sep 4, 2014, 2:40 PM EST
The Yankees long-time GM is about to become its longer-time GM.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:33 AM EST
Another Washington walkoff. Another dominant Clayton Kershaw start. And some unusual stuff happened too.
Aug 21, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Work fast. Throw strikes. If anyone has come up with a better way to win games, I haven’t heard of it yet.
Aug 21, 2014, 9:08 AM EST
It feels like baseball is interested in continuing its bad habit of solving minor problems in the most disruptive and gimmicky way possible.
Aug 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Brandon McCarthy for the Diamondbacks: 3-10 with a 5.01 ERA in 18 starts.
Brandon McCarthy for the Yankees: 4-0 with a 2.08 ERA in five starts.
Aug 5, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
Don’t look now, but the Angels are only a game back of the A’s in the AL West. And, thus, a game away from having the best record in baseball.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EST
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 25, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
It was a day of blowouts and fine pitching performances.
Jul 24, 2014, 6:31 PM EST
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman continues to stay busy.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 7
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 276
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (276)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)