Dec 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
The Padres continue to overhaul their lineup while the A’s continue to unload.
Dec 14, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
David Murphy became the odd man out in the Indians’ outfield when they traded with the Athletics to acquire Brandon Moss. The Indians could try to move Murphy in his final season before free agency.
Dec 9, 2014, 3:05 AM EST
White Sox set to add a top starter to go along with their new closer.
Dec 8, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Indians officially acquired Brandon Moss from the A’s on Monday afternoon and now have a glut of corner outfield, first base, and designated hitter types, so it’s reasonable to expect that another trade is on the horizon.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:21 PM EST
The A’s get back a fairly anonymous infielder.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:23 PM EST
The Athletics have already traded Josh Donaldson and it’s beginning to sound like a foregone conclusion that Moss will follow him out the door.
Dec 4, 2014, 10:17 AM EST
Moss is due to make around $7 million via arbitration.
Dec 3, 2014, 7:59 PM EST
John Hickey of the Bay Area News Group reports that the Indians are trying acquire slugger Brandon Moss from the A’s.
Nov 29, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
The Athletics dealt star third baseman Josh Donaldson to the Blue Jays last night for Brett Lawrie and three prospects, but general manager Billy Beane isn’t done with reshuffling his roster.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:30 PM EST
The Josh Donaldson trade puzzled his now ex-teammate Josh Reddick.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
The Athletics are reportedly close to getting three or four players back in a trade involving starter Jeff Samardzija.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
A couple more options have appeared on the Marlins’ radar for an upgrade at first base.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 23, 2014, 8:57 PM EST
Moss will use crutches for around four weeks and the expectation is that he’ll begin running in 12 weeks.
Oct 8, 2014, 5:20 PM EST
Moss had a big first half, but then was terrible after the All-Star break by hitting .173 in 58 games.
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 3, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Eno Sarris of FanGraphs had a very interesting and revealing interview with Athletics slugger Brandon Moss.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
Jason Vargas, who spent last season in the Angels’ rotation before signing with the Royals as a free agent, will start Game 1 for Kansas City.
Oct 1, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
Somehow, it all seemed to tie this strange 2014 season together in one fitting package, though the end result wasn’t what anyone in green and gold wanted.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:53 PM EST
The Royals may not have won the AL Wild Card if not for the confounding decisions of manager Ned Yost.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:02 AM EST
Yost’s controversial call fails to doom Royals after all.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
Watch the host Royals take the lead in Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game against the visiting A’s on this RBI bloop single from Eric Hosmer in the bottom of the third inning …
Sep 30, 2014, 3:05 PM EST
Some surprises for Oakland. Zero surprises for Kansas City.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)