Aug 21, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Mike Fiers no-hit the Dodgers, completing the Astros’ first no-hitter since 2003.
Aug 19, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
Latos has allowed 12 runs in 14.2 innings for the Dodgers.
Aug 14, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
First we’ll use Spahn, then we’ll use Sain, then an off day followed by rain. Back will come Spahn, followed by Sain, and followed, we hope, by two days of rain.
Jul 24, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Brett Anderson, nursing a sore Achilles, had a successful bullpen session on Friday and says he can pitch when needed.
Jul 22, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
He’ll have an MRI today.
Jul 8, 2015, 7:26 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto could make a huge difference in the second half. Even if it isn’t for the Cincinnati Reds.
Jun 27, 2015, 10:43 AM EDT
The Dodgers signed left-hander Brett Anderson to a one-year, $10 million contract over the winter even though injuries had limited him to a total of 123 innings at the major league level between 2012-2014. It has proven to be a wise gamble thus far.
Jun 27, 2015, 10:39 AM EDT
Rough news here for the Marlins and all baseball fans…
May 20, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Pomeranz indicated after leaving Monday’s game that he’s been dealing with shoulder issues for a while now.
Apr 27, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT
McCarthy appears headed for season-ending Tommy John surgery.
Apr 23, 2015, 10:33 PM EDT
The Royals were involved in yet more drama. This time it involved the White Sox.
Apr 13, 2015, 9:15 PM EDT
Not a straight ranking. Rather, a ranking of which Triple-A cities represent the biggest falloff from their major league affiliates.
Apr 3, 2015, 9:20 PM EDT
The Dodgers are expected to add some pitching depth with the signing of Scott Baker to a minor league deal.
Mar 17, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers made a host of changes with their front office and their roster, but will it get them over the hump in October?
Feb 21, 2015, 12:35 PM EDT
Beachy is currently working his way back from the second Tommy John surgery of his career.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:48 PM EDT
Welcome to the future, man.
Jan 21, 2015, 8:13 PM EDT
J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles Daily News writes Wednesday that Brett Anderson has increased his flat-ground work to a distance of 160 feet and is aiming to step atop a mound next week in Arizona.
Jan 14, 2015, 8:44 PM EDT
The Astros and DH Chris Carter avoided arbitration with a one-year, $4.175 million.
Jan 9, 2015, 7:21 PM EDT
Dodgers infielder Erisbel Arruebarrena has been outrighted to Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Dec 31, 2014, 12:59 PM EDT
It took 16 days to finalize, but now it’s final.
Dec 27, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Brett Anderson signing should become official at some point next week, at long last.
Dec 25, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 15, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Anderson was once among the best young left-handers in baseball, but he hasn’t topped 100 innings in a season since 2010.
Dec 7, 2014, 7:35 PM EDT
The Twins are looking for some more rotation help, and are looking at Ryan Vogelsong and Brett Anderson.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Giants receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. made a ridiculous catch on Sunday Night Football. MLB players reacted to it on Twitter.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)