May 12, 2015, 6:48 AM EDT
Scott Van Slyke messed up, atoned and then atoned again for extra measure.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
It’s of utmost importance that this happens.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:03 AM EDT
Including a fun idea about what A-Rod could do right now to make the Yankees’ case harder.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Off-balance, running the other way, across his body, deep in the hole and he STILL got the speedy Brett Gardner.
Apr 16, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
Yankees outfielder Brett Gardner hasn’t played since he suffered a bone bruise in his right wrist when he was hit by a pitch on Monday, but he’s expected to return Friday against the Rays.
Apr 14, 2015, 7:15 AM EDT
Mookie Betts had himself a day.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Young’s one-year deal with the Yankees includes about $4 million in incentives.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Nov 5, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Gardner hit .167 in September while playing hurt.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
Sep 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Chris Young, cleanup hitter.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 PM EDT
Could it have ended any other way?
Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
The Yankees dim playoff hopes get dimmer as their best hitter looks to be on the shelf for a while.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:10 PM EDT
Gardner is having arguably the best season of his career, hitting .269 with a career-high 16 homers and a career-high .784 OPS in 133 games.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:20 AM EDT
Some heads up infield defense for the Red Sox and some head-in-butt base running for the Yankees makes for an interesting play.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EDT
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 29, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
This is one of those quotes that, if the translation was mangled, could have created an incident.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 26, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
Nearly 100 baseball officials were reportedly on hand for the showcase.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:31 PM EDT
Executives from every MLB team are expected to be in attendance at Rusney Castillo’s workout next weekend.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:27 PM EDT
As first relayed by MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch, left fielder Brett Gardner is out of the Yankees’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Indians due to a lower abdominal strain. Gardner first thought it was a groin strain, but that more-severe injury has already been ruled out by a team physician.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)