Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Chris Young’s one-year deal with the Yankees includes about $4 million in incentives.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Nov 5, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Gardner hit .167 in September while playing hurt.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
Sep 26, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Chris Young, cleanup hitter.
Sep 25, 2014, 10:43 PM EST
Could it have ended any other way?
Sep 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The Yankees dim playoff hopes get dimmer as their best hitter looks to be on the shelf for a while.
Sep 9, 2014, 4:10 PM EST
Gardner is having arguably the best season of his career, hitting .269 with a career-high 16 homers and a career-high .784 OPS in 133 games.
Sep 4, 2014, 9:20 AM EST
Some heads up infield defense for the Red Sox and some head-in-butt base running for the Yankees makes for an interesting play.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:30 AM EST
An ump show in Detroit couldn’t stop the Mariners’ momentum.
Aug 4, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
The Tribe walks off against Texas, MadBum was dominant and V-Mart goes yard again. Note: if you were not a baseball fan, you would have no idea what any of the stuff in the previous sentence meant. It’s just barely English, yet we all get it. Cool, huh?
Jul 29, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
This is one of those quotes that, if the translation was mangled, could have created an incident.
Jul 29, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
A three run lead and Rafael Soriano on the hill usually leads to an un-tuck fest. Not last night it didn’t.
Jul 26, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
Nearly 100 baseball officials were reportedly on hand for the showcase.
Jul 19, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
Executives from every MLB team are expected to be in attendance at Rusney Castillo’s workout next weekend.
Jul 9, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
As first relayed by MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch, left fielder Brett Gardner is out of the Yankees’ starting lineup on Wednesday night against the Indians due to a lower abdominal strain. Gardner first thought it was a groin strain, but that more-severe injury has already been ruled out by a team physician.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Yangervis Solarte was one of the Yankees’ biggest bright spots early on this season, coming out of nowhere to make the team as a 26-year-old career minor leaguer, grabbing hold of the starting job at third base, and hitting .300 with six homers and an .834 OPS in 49 games through April and May.
Jun 25, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Carlos Beltran has played 17 games for the Yankees since returning from the disabled list for bone spurs in his elbow that may require surgery eventually, but they’ve all been at designated hitter and that’s not going to change anytime soon.
Jun 5, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Trailing in a game does little to affect the Oakland A’s right now.
Jun 3, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
Even those who Play The Game The Right Way don’t always play the game the right way.
May 27, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
After a rough start to his big league career, George Springer has sprung.
Apr 29, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
Yankees manager Joe Girardi told Joel Sherman of the New York Post that outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury will sit out of Tuesday night’s series-opener against the visiting Mariners due to minor “hand pain.” Ellsbury was run through a range of tests and they showed no structural damage.
Apr 3, 2014, 1:33 PM EST
Ichiro Suzuki is a bench player for the first time in his career at age 40. He’s yet to appear in a game for the Yankees, as they go with Brett Gardner, Jacoby Ellsbury, and Carlos Beltran as the starting outfield, and Suzuki talked to Brendan Kuty of the Newark Star Ledger about how he’s feeling.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)