Jul 17, 2015, 7:35 PM EDT
Pedroia has been sidelined since June 24 with a left hamstring strain.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:43 PM EDT
Mike Trout homered, scored twice and took part in a third scoring play as he picked up the MVP Award and led the American League to victory.
Jul 14, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
Watch as Mike Trout races home in 6.8 seconds on a fifth-inning RBI single by Prince Fielder …
Jul 14, 2015, 10:53 PM EDT
Trout walked in his fourth plate appearance. He’s the first All-Star to have four plate appearances since 2009.
Jul 10, 2015, 8:28 PM EDT
Clay Buchholz only lasted 3 1/3 innings against the Yankees on Friday despite having pitched well.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:28 AM EDT
Short version: Ned Yost thinks this is an actual baseball game!
Jul 6, 2015, 7:00 PM EDT
The starters for the 2015 MLB All-Star Game were announced on Sunday, so now it’s time to learn the pitchers and reserves who have been selected to represent the American League and National League at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on Tuesday, July 14…
Jul 5, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Jake Marisnick isn’t afraid of the Green Monster.
Jun 25, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Brock Holt will get a chance to play every day.
Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 AM EDT
Three position players pitched last night. Maybe it was that or maybe it was something else, but I feel the need this morning to grapple with our place in a harsh and uncaring universe.
Jun 16, 2015, 8:44 PM EDT
Brock Holt hit for the cycle Tuesday in dramatic fashion, tripling to left-center in his final at-bat …
Jun 16, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Holt is the first Red Sox player to hit for the cycle since John Valentin did it on June 16, 1996. And he’s the first player to hit for the cycle against the Braves since Keith Hernandez did so on July 4, 1985.
Jun 5, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT
Ambidextrous pitcher Pat Venditte made his major league debut for the Athletics on Friday night, facing the Red Sox.
May 22, 2015, 11:59 PM EDT
Mike Trout is pretty good at this baseball thing.
May 15, 2015, 6:47 AM EDT
The Rockies snapped their losing streak thanks to a late Carlos Gonzalez blast.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:21 PM EDT
But it’s not Rusney Castillo time yet.
Apr 15, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Ramirez has more than 9,000 career innings at shortstop.
Apr 14, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
Brock Holt is starting at shortstop for today’s game against Stephen Strasburg and the Nationals.
Mar 20, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Worst to first . . . to worst and back to first?
Dec 29, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
No one has worn his number 21 since 1996. But they give out Wade Boggs’ number 26 to anyone.
Nov 28, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
And he’d like you to tell him who’s a better option.
Sep 18, 2014, 6:08 PM EDT
“Good news, but not as good as it could have been.”
Sep 11, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The Red Sox now believe that Holt’s symptoms could date back to a collision with teammate Dustin Pedroia on August 25.
Sep 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia hasn’t played since suffering a concussion Saturday when he took a forearm to the head and Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports there’s “no sign that he will see action before the Red Sox return home at the end of the week.”
Aug 30, 2014, 9:10 PM EDT
Dustin Pedroia took an elbow to the head in the second inning of Saturday’s game against the Rays, and had to leave the game.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)