Oct 5, 2014, 7:47 PM EST
Watch the double play that ended ALDS Game 3, sending the Orioles into the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 7:32 PM EST
The Orioles are headed to the ALCS after sweeping the Tigers in the ALDS with a 2-1 Game 3 win on Sunday.
Oct 5, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The Orioles took a 2-0 lead in the sixth inning of ALDS Game 3 against the Tigers thanks to Nelson Cruz’s two-run home run off of David Price.
Oct 5, 2014, 5:59 PM EST
Alex Avila took a foul ball off of his facemask and was forced to leave ALDS Game 3 in the sixth inning.
Sep 19, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
Alex Avila felt disoriented while swinging a bat over the last two days, so he remains out of the Tigers’ lineup and it’s even worth questioning if he’ll be ready for the post-season — assuming the Tigers get there.
Sep 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Avila has suffered multiple concussions since last season and also missed time earlier this month after taking a foul tip off the mask.
Jun 18, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Eh, probably way more complicated than this, but it’s something to obsess about until game time.
Jun 7, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Tigers catcher Alex Avila has a history of concussion issues and he suffered another last night after he was hit in the head by David Ortiz’s backswing.
May 19, 2014, 8:14 AM EST
There’s a lesson in here somewhere. Let’s see if we can tease it out.
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Mar 2, 2014, 9:42 PM EST
Joba Chamberlain‘s Oscar party is better than yours … Too many bikini models in 1 room #nofilter @KateUpton @jbholaday @Max_Scherzer @JustinVerlander pic.twitter.com/ypLhfQmBAz — Joba Chamberlain (@Joba_44) March 3, 2014 That is Tigers catcher Bryan Holaday posing in a patriotic one-piece with supermodel Kate Upton, rumored girlfriend of Detroit ace Justin Verlander. And there’s Max Scherzer…
Video: Toledo Mud Hens turned a triple play Saturday night to end their final home game of the season
Sep 1, 2013, 8:25 PM EST
The Toledo Mud Hens gave their fans something to go home happy about last night as they wrapped up their final home game of the season against the Columbus Clippers. Trailing 4-0 in the ninth, the Clippers were starting to put together a rally. Matt LaPorta hit a solo home run to lead off the…
Aug 24, 2013, 11:09 AM EST
Alex Avila began a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Toledo after being sidelined due to a concussion, but his return to the Tigers is temporarily on hold. According to Chris Iseman of MLB.com, Tigers manager Jim Leyland said that Avila had to make an early exit from his first rehab game due to…
Aug 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Alex Avila has been sidelined since suffering a concussion on August 10, but the Tigers catcher was cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment last night. Avila went 0-for-2 with a walk at Triple-A, spending three innings behind the plate. His early exit was planned, although three innings are fewer than expected. Jason Beck of…
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 0
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 80
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 34
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)