Jun 18, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
Eh, probably way more complicated than this, but it’s something to obsess about until game time.
Jun 7, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Tigers catcher Alex Avila has a history of concussion issues and he suffered another last night after he was hit in the head by David Ortiz’s backswing.
May 19, 2014, 8:14 AM EDT
There’s a lesson in here somewhere. Let’s see if we can tease it out.
Apr 30, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
The Yankees Bleacher Creatures chanted “You sold out!” at Robinson Cano. The world is made for people who aren’t cursed with self-awareness.
Mar 2, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Joba Chamberlain‘s Oscar party is better than yours … Too many bikini models in 1 room #nofilter @KateUpton @jbholaday @Max_Scherzer @JustinVerlander pic.twitter.com/ypLhfQmBAz — Joba Chamberlain (@Joba_44) March 3, 2014 That is Tigers catcher Bryan Holaday posing in a patriotic one-piece with supermodel Kate Upton, rumored girlfriend of Detroit ace Justin Verlander. And there’s Max Scherzer…
Video: Toledo Mud Hens turned a triple play Saturday night to end their final home game of the season
Sep 1, 2013, 8:25 PM EDT
The Toledo Mud Hens gave their fans something to go home happy about last night as they wrapped up their final home game of the season against the Columbus Clippers. Trailing 4-0 in the ninth, the Clippers were starting to put together a rally. Matt LaPorta hit a solo home run to lead off the…
Aug 24, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
Alex Avila began a minor league rehab assignment Thursday with Triple-A Toledo after being sidelined due to a concussion, but his return to the Tigers is temporarily on hold. According to Chris Iseman of MLB.com, Tigers manager Jim Leyland said that Avila had to make an early exit from his first rehab game due to…
Aug 23, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Alex Avila has been sidelined since suffering a concussion on August 10, but the Tigers catcher was cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment last night. Avila went 0-for-2 with a walk at Triple-A, spending three innings behind the plate. His early exit was planned, although three innings are fewer than expected. Jason Beck of…
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)