Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 18, 2015, 12:26 PM EDT
Also out: Tony Cingrani.
Mar 11, 2015, 10:07 PM EDT
Mesoraco should be ready for more Cactus League action in about a week and he is fully expected to be ready for Opening Day. The 26-year-old hit .273/.359/.534 with 25 homers and 80 RBI in 114 games last season.
Mar 9, 2015, 11:39 AM EDT
Mesoraco signed a four-year, $28 million deal with the Reds in January.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 AM EDT
Good luck, Devin.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Reds have underwhelmed under Walt Jocketty, but the Reds signed him to a multi-year deal to keep him around through at least 2016.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Reds right-hander Mat Latos was scratched from his scheduled start Friday against the Brewers due to a bone bruise in his pitching elbow. It’s not believed to be a serious injury, but the regular season is over in two weeks and Cincinnati enters play Sunday with a record of 71-78. So there’s no reason to push it.
Mar 3, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
Mat Latos is just a little over two weeks removed from left knee surgery, but Reds manager Bryan Price told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com today that he’s “optimistic” that he’ll be able to throw off a mound by the end of this week. Latos tore meniscus cartilage in his knee shortly before spring training when…
Mar 2, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Mike Leake was scheduled to make a start for the Reds this afternoon but he has been scratched due to an abdominal injury suffered during a workout roughly a month before the start of spring training, according to manager Bryan Price. Brett Marshall will start in Leake’s place. Thankfully, it isn’t a serious injury. More,…
Feb 22, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick notes that the Reds’ 67 stolen bases as a team last season was the franchise’s lowest total since 1971. Shin-Soo Choo, now a Ranger, led the team with 20 stolen bases but was inefficient, needing 31 attempts to do so. Billy Hamilton ranked second on the team with 13 stolen bases in…
Feb 14, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
The Yankees are well-known around the league for their rather stringent policies on grooming. Johnny Damon and Kevin Youkilis are just two of baseball’s cavemen who had to clean themselves up after signing with the Yankees. Not everyone is a fan. Rays starter David Price said last year he wouldn’t sign a long-term deal with…
Jan 26, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Reds manager Bryan Price says the team would like to get at least 60 innings pitched from flame-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman during the season, reports C. Trent Rosecrans. Chapman reached 71 2/3 in 2012 and 63 2/3 in 2013, so it’s not an unreasonable expectation. Ex-manager Dusty Baker was not a fan of using Chapman…
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 88
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 15
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 35
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (186)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)