Mar 31, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT
Is the fun over in Cincy?
Mar 18, 2015, 12:26 PM EDT
Also out: Tony Cingrani.
Mar 11, 2015, 10:07 PM EDT
Mesoraco should be ready for more Cactus League action in about a week and he is fully expected to be ready for Opening Day. The 26-year-old hit .273/.359/.534 with 25 homers and 80 RBI in 114 games last season.
Mar 9, 2015, 11:39 AM EDT
Mesoraco signed a four-year, $28 million deal with the Reds in January.
Jan 29, 2015, 11:22 AM EDT
Good luck, Devin.
Sep 26, 2014, 6:35 PM EDT
The Reds have underwhelmed under Walt Jocketty, but the Reds signed him to a multi-year deal to keep him around through at least 2016.
Sep 14, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Reds right-hander Mat Latos was scratched from his scheduled start Friday against the Brewers due to a bone bruise in his pitching elbow. It’s not believed to be a serious injury, but the regular season is over in two weeks and Cincinnati enters play Sunday with a record of 71-78. So there’s no reason to push it.
Mar 3, 2014, 7:36 PM EDT
Mat Latos is just a little over two weeks removed from left knee surgery, but Reds manager Bryan Price told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com today that he’s “optimistic” that he’ll be able to throw off a mound by the end of this week. Latos tore meniscus cartilage in his knee shortly before spring training when…
Mar 2, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Mike Leake was scheduled to make a start for the Reds this afternoon but he has been scratched due to an abdominal injury suffered during a workout roughly a month before the start of spring training, according to manager Bryan Price. Brett Marshall will start in Leake’s place. Thankfully, it isn’t a serious injury. More,…
Feb 22, 2014, 11:20 PM EDT
ESPN’s Jerry Crasnick notes that the Reds’ 67 stolen bases as a team last season was the franchise’s lowest total since 1971. Shin-Soo Choo, now a Ranger, led the team with 20 stolen bases but was inefficient, needing 31 attempts to do so. Billy Hamilton ranked second on the team with 13 stolen bases in…
Feb 14, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
The Yankees are well-known around the league for their rather stringent policies on grooming. Johnny Damon and Kevin Youkilis are just two of baseball’s cavemen who had to clean themselves up after signing with the Yankees. Not everyone is a fan. Rays starter David Price said last year he wouldn’t sign a long-term deal with…
Jan 26, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Reds manager Bryan Price says the team would like to get at least 60 innings pitched from flame-throwing closer Aroldis Chapman during the season, reports C. Trent Rosecrans. Chapman reached 71 2/3 in 2012 and 63 2/3 in 2013, so it’s not an unreasonable expectation. Ex-manager Dusty Baker was not a fan of using Chapman…
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)