Jul 10, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Yes, it’s Jeter day at HBT, apparently.
Jul 3, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
In the media’s defense, however, overblowing things is our business.
Jul 3, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Bryce Harper’s return to the Nationals outfield meant Ryan Zimmerman had to shift from left field back to third base, where he was once a standout defender and is now a huge question mark because of chronic shoulder problems.
Jul 2, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Matt Williams met with Bryce Harper yesterday and then made a concerted effort to diffuse any notion of perceived animosity between the Nationals manager and his 21-year-old star.
Jul 1, 2014, 1:03 PM EDT
Not bad, Chip. Not bad.
Jul 1, 2014, 6:34 AM EDT
Every ten years or so, the Tigers get a walkoff grand slam. Like, every ten years or so, basically to the week.
Jun 30, 2014, 7:51 PM EDT
Bryce Harper believes the Nationals would be better off with a different lineup than the one Matt Williams put together for his return on Monday.
Jun 30, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
As expected, the Nationals have activated Bryce Harper from the disabled list for tonight’s game against the Rockies after the outfielder missed two months with a torn ligament in his left thumb that required surgery.
Jun 29, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Bryce Harper sure seems excited to return to the Nationals’ active roster after missing the past two months following April 29 surgery to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his left thumb. The 21-year-old outfielder went 4-for-5 with three home runs and five RBI on Saturday night at Double-A Harrisburg.
Jun 26, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Nationals could get Bryce Harper back soon if all goes well in his next three rehab outings.
Jun 24, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman and Bryce Harper both may not get what they want when everyone is finally healthy for the Nationals.
Jun 23, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
“Ryan Zimmerman sounded like a guy that didn’t want to go back to third base.”
Jun 21, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
Bryce Harper will begin his rehab assignment with Single-A Potomac as he recovers from surgery on his left thumb.
Jun 19, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Sadly it’s just a metaphorical one.
Jun 17, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
The Nats may have their star outfielder back by July 1.
Jun 16, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
If you’re looking for an unkind word about Tony Gwynn among those who knew him, played against him, played under him, covered him or merely watched him play, well, you’re going to be looking for a long, long time.
Jun 13, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Some serious high-road-avoidance being pursued by a Washington Times columnist.
Jun 12, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Ryan Zimmerman has been playing left field for the Nationals since coming off the disabled list last week, but manager Matt Williams made it clear that he’ll return to third base once Bryce Harper is ready to come off the disabled list himself.
Jun 10, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
I’m told that those Latin players need to learn how to play the game the way American players do. Even when they’re American.
Jun 6, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
Bryce Harper has gotten creative as he rehabs his injured left thumb. The outfielder plans to play lots of Playstation until he makes his return.
Jun 5, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Bryce Harper has not yet been cleared to catch fly balls or take swings six weeks after surgery to repair a torn ligament in his left thumb, but Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that the Nationals are hoping to have him back in the lineup by July 1.
Jun 3, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
And he’s probably going to be playing some left field.
May 28, 2014, 5:26 PM EDT
We’ve gotten a lot of mixed signals on this, but it now sounds that, yes, Ryan Zimmerman will play some left field for Washington.
May 28, 2014, 3:46 PM EDT
It seems like most people don’t realize just how good Carlos Gomez has become.
May 19, 2014, 4:13 PM EDT
Well, that was fun for about 24 hours anyway.
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 14
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 12
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 28
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 46
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (184)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)