Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
In what is a bit of a shocker, the Angels have sent C.J. Cron to Triple-A to make room for Huston Street on the roster. Cron may not be down there for long, however.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Oh, and he even struck out a pretty good hitter in C.J. Cron!
Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Mike Morin and Hank Conger did a reenactment of sorts of the famous Pete Rose/Bob Boone play from the 1980 World Series.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
It’s been a tough year for Raul Ibanez, and he’s now a free agent after being released by the Angels.
Jun 20, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Two weeks ago the Angels demoted Grant Green to Triple-A despite his .359 batting average in 22 games, but now he’s back in the majors.
Jun 19, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Angels manager Mike Scioscia is taking a lot of heat locally for continuing to play struggling 42-year-old Raul Ibanez, especially after the team called up first base prospect C.J. Cron to provide an alternative at designated hitter.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)