Aug 26, 2015, 9:26 PM EDT
It is August 26, 2015 and Justin Verlander has a no-hitter going against the Mike Trout-led Angels.
Aug 6, 2015, 7:37 AM EDT
Luis Severino made his big legaue debut and pitched well but lost. Matt Boyd made his Tigers debut, pitched well and won. There were a bunch of walkoffs too. And what do Ryan Adams and Taylor Swift have to do with any of this?
Jul 29, 2015, 11:31 PM EDT
Houston defeated Anaheim 6-3 to jump back into first place in the American League West.
May 26, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Cron was billed as a potential middle-of-the-order slugger when the Angels drafted him with the 17th overall pick in 2011.
Apr 30, 2015, 9:17 AM EDT
He’s owed a lot of money between now and 2021, by the way.
Apr 21, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
But, like everything else having to do with their treatment of him, there’s a thread of cynicism to it.
Dec 8, 2014, 2:49 PM EDT
Possible left-handed bench bat.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:41 AM EDT
Overstocking the bullpen has done the Halos little good so far.
Oct 3, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Matt Shoemaker.
Oct 2, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
Jered Weaver vs. Jason Vargas.
Sep 18, 2014, 6:37 AM EDT
The Angels clinch, the A’s clench.
Jul 19, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
In what is a bit of a shocker, the Angels have sent C.J. Cron to Triple-A to make room for Huston Street on the roster. Cron may not be down there for long, however.
Jul 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Oh, and he even struck out a pretty good hitter in C.J. Cron!
Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Mike Morin and Hank Conger did a reenactment of sorts of the famous Pete Rose/Bob Boone play from the 1980 World Series.
Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM EDT
Mike Napoli stole home. Though, really, we should call what he did something else. Also: are we at “Peak Brandon” in Major League Baseball?
Jun 21, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
It’s been a tough year for Raul Ibanez, and he’s now a free agent after being released by the Angels.
Jun 20, 2014, 5:50 PM EDT
Two weeks ago the Angels demoted Grant Green to Triple-A despite his .359 batting average in 22 games, but now he’s back in the majors.
Jun 19, 2014, 12:16 PM EDT
Angels manager Mike Scioscia is taking a lot of heat locally for continuing to play struggling 42-year-old Raul Ibanez, especially after the team called up first base prospect C.J. Cron to provide an alternative at designated hitter.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 19
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)