Aug 13, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
Wilson finishes the season with a 3.89 ERA in 21 starts.
Aug 4, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He calls it a “hail Mary”
Aug 2, 2015, 10:40 AM EDT
Great moments in macho baseball culture
Aug 1, 2015, 1:42 PM EDT
Wilson has a 3.89 ERA and 110/46 K/BB ratio in 132 innings over 21 starts this season, but the Angels will likely have to make due without him the rest of the way.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
The Angels lose C.J. Wilson to an injury but are expected to get Jered Weaver back.
Jul 18, 2015, 12:52 AM EDT
Anaheim’s second hit of the game was the only one that mattered.
Jul 9, 2015, 7:18 PM EDT
The former top prospect is back in the big leagues.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
One he gets past 45 pitches he turns every opposing hitter into Lou Gehrig.
Jun 19, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff balk is just the latest weird occurrence in a weird week of baseball.
Jun 18, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Getting a rare opportunity to bat under National League rules, Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson tried to use the element of surprise to stretch a single into a double this afternoon against the Diamondbacks. It didn’t go well.
May 12, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
MLB reminds the world that “hey, at least our balls are in order.”
Apr 18, 2015, 7:17 AM EDT
There are, increasingly, two Angels camps when it comes to the Josh Hamilton matter: Arte Moreno and everybody else.
C.J. Wilson says the Angels hired a private investigator to follow him after signing him in December 2011
Apr 12, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Angels have made a bigger situation out of Josh Hamilton’s drug relapse, which has ruffled the feathers of some of Hamilton’s teammates, including C.J. Wilson. Wilson detailed the degree to which the Angels try to control players’ off-the-field behavior.
Apr 11, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
C.J. Wilson had some critical comments about how the Angels are handling the Josh Hamilton situation.
Apr 8, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT
Mat Latos did not have the greatest new-team debut last night.
Apr 4, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton has supporters in the Angels’ clubhouse amid the controversy involving his relapse with drugs.
Mar 18, 2015, 11:18 AM EDT
With Trout, all things are possible.
Dec 9, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
“We have not picked up the phone and offered C.J. Wilson around to the league, at a reduced cost or any other.”
Dec 8, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
There’s been some talk that the Angels could be in play for one of the top free agent starters on the market. And to create space for that pursuit, they’re apparently trying to find a taker for C.J. Wilson.
Dec 7, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman is hearing from rival MLB general managers that the Angels are making left-handed starter C.J. Wilson available for a trade ahead of this week’s Winter Meetings in San Diego.
Oct 6, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Mike Trout can only make up for so many bad decisions.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
The Royals are 12 defensive outs away from sweeping the Angels and advancing to the ALCS to face the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EDT
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)