Dec 9, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
“We have not picked up the phone and offered C.J. Wilson around to the league, at a reduced cost or any other.”
Dec 8, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
There’s been some talk that the Angels could be in play for one of the top free agent starters on the market. And to create space for that pursuit, they’re apparently trying to find a taker for C.J. Wilson.
Dec 7, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman is hearing from rival MLB general managers that the Angels are making left-handed starter C.J. Wilson available for a trade ahead of this week’s Winter Meetings in San Diego.
Oct 6, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Mike Trout can only make up for so many bad decisions.
Oct 5, 2014, 11:18 PM EST
The Royals have swept the Angels out of the playoffs. They’ll move on to face the Orioles in the ALCS.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
The Royals are 12 defensive outs away from sweeping the Angels and advancing to the ALCS to face the Orioles.
Oct 5, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
The Royals fell behind in the top of the first of ALDS Game 3, but rallied for three runs in the bottom half to chase C.J. Wilson from the game.
Oct 5, 2014, 4:22 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for Game 3 of the Angels-Royals series in Kansas City …
Oct 5, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
ALDS Game 3 between the Angels and Royals gets underway in Kansas City at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here is Angels manager Mike Scioscia talking to the media about his club’s uphill battle, down 0-2 in the best-of-five …
Oct 5, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s do-or-die time for two of the clubs — the favorites, to many — on the AL side of the postseason bracket. Let’s break down Sunday’s action …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EST
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:19 PM EST
The Angels have announced their rotation for the ALDS against the Royals.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EST
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Matt Shoemaker long tossed on Saturday and said that the tightness in his left oblique is nearly gone. He’s attempting to rejoin the Angels’ rotation in time for the ALDS.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:19 PM EST
They have the best record in baseball at 98-61, but the Angels’ rotation is definitely a question mark heading into the playoffs.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
The Angels’ rotation is thin beyond Matt Shoemaker, Jered Weaver, and C.J. Wilson, so manager Mike Scioscia may do the obvious thing and utilize a three-man rotation in the ALDS.
Sep 18, 2014, 6:37 AM EST
The Angels clinch, the A’s clench.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 5, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Last year at this time Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto was on the hot seat, but now with the team in first place and headed for a 15-20 game improvement owner Arte Moreno has picked up his 2015 option.
Aug 23, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important AL West battle.
Aug 8, 2014, 2:48 PM EST
Wilson had a 3.34 ERA on June 19. Since then he’s allowed 32 runs in 24 innings with a 21/14 K/BB ratio and .394 opponents’ batting average.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
C.J. Wilson has been activated in time to make Saturday night’s start against Chris Archer and the Rays.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
C.J. Wilson landed on the disabled list earlier this month due to an ankle sprain, but he’s due to rejoin the Angels’ rotation on Saturday.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Wilson failed to make it out of the fourth inning yesterday and hasn’t made it past five innings since June 19, allowing 22 runs in 16.2 innings during that span.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)