Oct 5, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
ALDS Game 3 between the Angels and Royals gets underway in Kansas City at 7:30 p.m. ET. Here is Angels manager Mike Scioscia talking to the media about his club’s uphill battle, down 0-2 in the best-of-five …
Oct 5, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
It’s do-or-die time for two of the clubs — the favorites, to many — on the AL side of the postseason bracket. Let’s break down Sunday’s action …
Oct 4, 2014, 1:31 AM EDT
Eric Hosmer was the hero for the Royals on Friday night, when he broke a 1-1 tie in the 11th inning with a two-run home run. The Royals are now up 2-0 in the ALDS against the Angels.
Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Max Scherzer vs. Chris Tillman in the early evening, Jason Vargas vs. Jered Weaver for the nightcap.
Oct 1, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
The Angels have announced their rotation for the ALDS against the Royals.
Sep 29, 2014, 8:59 AM EDT
Let’s meet our ten playoff teams and assess their strengths, weaknesses and overall outlook.
Sep 27, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Matt Shoemaker long tossed on Saturday and said that the tightness in his left oblique is nearly gone. He’s attempting to rejoin the Angels’ rotation in time for the ALDS.
Sep 26, 2014, 7:19 PM EDT
They have the best record in baseball at 98-61, but the Angels’ rotation is definitely a question mark heading into the playoffs.
Sep 19, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The Angels’ rotation is thin beyond Matt Shoemaker, Jered Weaver, and C.J. Wilson, so manager Mike Scioscia may do the obvious thing and utilize a three-man rotation in the ALDS.
Sep 18, 2014, 6:37 AM EDT
The Angels clinch, the A’s clench.
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 5, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Last year at this time Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto was on the hot seat, but now with the team in first place and headed for a 15-20 game improvement owner Arte Moreno has picked up his 2015 option.
Aug 23, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
A quick recap of a busy Friday around MLB, including an important AL West battle.
Aug 8, 2014, 2:48 PM EDT
Wilson had a 3.34 ERA on June 19. Since then he’s allowed 32 runs in 24 innings with a 21/14 K/BB ratio and .394 opponents’ batting average.
Aug 2, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
C.J. Wilson has been activated in time to make Saturday night’s start against Chris Archer and the Rays.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
C.J. Wilson landed on the disabled list earlier this month due to an ankle sprain, but he’s due to rejoin the Angels’ rotation on Saturday.
Jul 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Wilson failed to make it out of the fourth inning yesterday and hasn’t made it past five innings since June 19, allowing 22 runs in 16.2 innings during that span.
Jul 10, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
A handful of injuries went down last night, but so too did strict adherence to the Restoring Pitching Act of 2013.
Jun 25, 2014, 6:57 AM EDT
The fella with the beard? The one who pitches for Los Angeles? Yeah, he’s pretty good.
Jun 9, 2014, 6:47 AM EDT
Jordan Zimmermann was on point and the Nationals have won seven of their past nine and are now tied for first place.
May 7, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Prank time at the MLB Fan Cave
May 1, 2014, 6:53 AM EDT
In today’s ATH we offer a few quick history lessons too. For example, did you know that “And That Happened” used to be called “Hark, this Occurred” back when it was a print feature? True story.
Apr 14, 2014, 5:00 AM EDT
The other owners will have to ratify the move at their next meeting, but as of yesterday it’s all but official: the Braves now own the Nationals.
Apr 8, 2014, 6:13 AM EDT
The A’s remind me of someone. And a couple of rainouts remind me of my favorite movie ever.
Apr 2, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Pitching to Robinson Cano with men in scoring position vs. issuing an intentional walk. WHO YA GOT?!
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)