Apr 16, 2015, 7:09 AM EDT
Reverse mohawks and farts in cars. With all of the openers and home openers and hoopla over with, yep, we’re settling into the regular season nicely.
Mar 21, 2015, 2:29 PM EDT
Matt Wieters came down with some tendinitis in his elbow earlier this week after catching in a game for the first time since Tommy John surgery and now he’s essentially been ruled out for the start of the season.
Dec 21, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Scott Boras says the Orioles should expect to have Matt Wieters behind the plate when the 2015 regular season opens on April 6.
Dec 20, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
An unnamed team has reportedly offered a two-year deal to Nick Hundley. It’s not the Orioles.
Nov 1, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
The Orioles declined their $5 million club option on catcher Nick Hundley, but they would still like to bring him back at a lower price.
Oct 15, 2014, 4:35 PM EDT
Ned Yost always bunts. Ned Yost always wins.
Oct 15, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Miguel Gonzalez vs. Jason Vargas.
Oct 14, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Jeremy Guthrie vs. Wei-Yin Chen.
Oct 11, 2014, 6:48 PM EDT
Royals starter Yordano Ventura was removed from his Game 2 ALCS start against the Orioles with an injury.
Oct 11, 2014, 1:17 PM EDT
Yordano Ventura vs. Bud Norris.
Oct 10, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
James Shields vs. Chris Tillman.
Sep 21, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Marcus Stroman’s suspension for throwing at Caleb Joseph’s head has been reduced from six to five games.
Sep 17, 2014, 3:53 PM EDT
Good to see MLB make the smart call and suspend Stroman for headhunting.
Sep 16, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Which makes absolutely no friggin’ sense at all.
Sep 16, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
MLB acts swiftly when someone grabs their crotch. Let’s see how swiftly it acts when a guy goes headhunting.
Aug 27, 2014, 7:09 AM EDT
I don’t believe in destiny. I don’t believe in fate. I’m even pretty skeptical about momentum and the hot hand. But these Royals are testing my beliefs.
Aug 10, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
John Lackey called Caleb Joseph’s home run on Saturday — Joseph’s fifth consecutive game with a home run — a “Baltimore home run”, presumably slighting Joseph’s blast because Camden Yards is friendlier to hitters than to pitchers.
Aug 9, 2014, 7:46 PM EDT
Orioles catcher Caleb Joseph has homered in five consecutive games. If he does it again tomorrow, he’ll tie the major league record.
Aug 8, 2014, 6:23 AM EDT
If you had money on “Shane Greene and Chris Capuano would go back-to-back shutting down the Detroit Tigers in August, keeping the Yankees in the playoff picture,” the casino management would like to have a word with you.
Aug 6, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Welcome to the Tigers, David Price. Welcome to the big leagues Javier Baez.
Aug 5, 2014, 6:38 AM EDT
Don’t look now, but the Angels are only a game back of the A’s in the AL West. And, thus, a game away from having the best record in baseball.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 16
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)