Apr 19, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Puig, who boasts an .886 through 34 plate appearances, is considered day-to-day.
Mar 10, 2015, 12:12 PM EDT
Rarely is the question asked, is our Puig learning?
Feb 24, 2015, 6:17 PM EDT
Carl Crawford, Joc Pederson, and Yasiel Puig are expected to open the 2015 season as the Dodgers’ primary starting outfielders.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 5, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Ethier is owed $18 million in 2015, $18 million in 2016, $17.5 million in 2017, and $17.5 million or a $2.5 million buyout for 2018.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 16, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers are looking to trade one of their outfielders, and it sounds like Andre Ethier is the most likely to go.
Nov 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
The Dodgers are looking to move one of Matt Kemp, Carl Crawford, and Andre Ethier.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM EDT
Asked about his free agency, Panda only says: “I’m just going to celebrate.”
Oct 10, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
We tend to avoid highlighting dubious rumors around these parts, but since this is the first dubious rumor of the (for most teams) offseason, let’s use it to get our offseason debunking skills back into game shape, shall we?
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
Watch as Trevor Rosenthal gets Carl Crawford to ground out in the ninth inning Tuesday night at Busch Stadium, securing the Cardinals’ fourth consecutive trip to the National League Championship Series …
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EDT
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
The Dodgers were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position before Ramirez’s hit.
Oct 6, 2014, 5:47 PM EDT
Hyun-Jin Ryu vs. John Lackey.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:24 PM EDT
The Cardinals took an early 1-0 lead in NLDS Game 1, but the Dodgers fought back and scored twice in each of the third and fourth innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Clayton Kershaw vs. Adam Wainwright.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:05 AM EDT
Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw robbed the Giants with a behind-the-back grab in the top of the third inning Wednesday and then smacked this game-tying RBI triple in the bottom of the fifth …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EDT
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EDT
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:50 PM EDT
Adam LaRoche joined Harold Baines in rarefied air with his performance against the Dodgers on Wednesday, knocking in five runs after entering the game in the ninth inning as a pinch-hitter.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)