Feb 24, 2015, 6:17 PM EST
Carl Crawford, Joc Pederson, and Yasiel Puig are expected to open the 2015 season as the Dodgers’ primary starting outfielders.
Jan 4, 2015, 1:25 PM EST
The Orioles have been linked in recent weeks to free agents Colby Rasmus, Norichika Aoki, and Ichiro Suzuki. But trading for a new outfielder is another route being explored by the Baltimore front office.
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Dec 5, 2014, 10:50 AM EST
Ethier is owed $18 million in 2015, $18 million in 2016, $17.5 million in 2017, and $17.5 million or a $2.5 million buyout for 2018.
Nov 24, 2014, 8:57 AM EST
It’s easy to say “it didn’t work before, so it won’t work this time,” but doing so is to misread the current situation with the Boston Red Sox.
Nov 16, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Dodgers are looking to trade one of their outfielders, and it sounds like Andre Ethier is the most likely to go.
Nov 9, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
The Dodgers are looking to move one of Matt Kemp, Carl Crawford, and Andre Ethier.
Oct 30, 2014, 10:20 AM EST
Asked about his free agency, Panda only says: “I’m just going to celebrate.”
Oct 10, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
We tend to avoid highlighting dubious rumors around these parts, but since this is the first dubious rumor of the (for most teams) offseason, let’s use it to get our offseason debunking skills back into game shape, shall we?
Oct 7, 2014, 10:17 PM EST
Watch as Trevor Rosenthal gets Carl Crawford to ground out in the ninth inning Tuesday night at Busch Stadium, securing the Cardinals’ fourth consecutive trip to the National League Championship Series …
Oct 7, 2014, 9:39 PM EST
Benching Yasiel Puig in Game 4 didn’t doom the Dodgers, but it probably didn’t help.
Oct 7, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw vs. Shelby Miller.
Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
The Dodgers were 0-for-7 with runners in scoring position before Ramirez’s hit.
Oct 6, 2014, 5:47 PM EST
Hyun-Jin Ryu vs. John Lackey.
Oct 4, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Lance Lynn opposes Zack Greinke on the mound in Game 2 of the NLDS in Los Angeles.
Oct 3, 2014, 8:24 PM EST
The Cardinals took an early 1-0 lead in NLDS Game 1, but the Dodgers fought back and scored twice in each of the third and fourth innings.
Oct 3, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
Clayton Kershaw vs. Adam Wainwright.
Sep 25, 2014, 12:05 AM EST
Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw robbed the Giants with a behind-the-back grab in the top of the third inning Wednesday and then smacked this game-tying RBI triple in the bottom of the fifth …
Sep 14, 2014, 12:20 AM EST
The Dodgers scored two touchdowns with the ensuing extra points, and kicked a field goal against the Giants on Saturday night. It was a bloodbath.
Sep 9, 2014, 6:18 AM EST
Tyler Flowers hit two homers to crush the Athletics, Marcus Stroman hurled a Maddux and the Cardinals can’t be stopped.
Sep 4, 2014, 7:07 AM EST
A lesson in why you do not want to have to face the Mariners in the wild card game.
Sep 3, 2014, 11:50 PM EST
Adam LaRoche joined Harold Baines in rarefied air with his performance against the Dodgers on Wednesday, knocking in five runs after entering the game in the ninth inning as a pinch-hitter.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Not many rookies in recent MLB history have done as much running as The Fastest Man In Baseball.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)