Dec 16, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The Yankees have handled the A-Rod situation about as well as it could possibly be handled. Will the media recognize that, or will it try to create some “A-Rod circus!” storyline?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EST
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Chris Young’s one-year deal with the Yankees includes about $4 million in incentives.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EST
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EST
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
I guess shortstop is too much of a stretch.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EST
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EST
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
Oct 7, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Headley staying in New York would mean no more Alex Rodriguez at third base.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EST
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
He should be good to go by spring training.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:24 PM EST
Yankees manager Joe Girardi confirmed Wednesday to Chad Jennings of The Journal News that veteran outfielder Carlos Beltran has been shut down for the remainder of the 2014 season due to lingering discomfort in his right elbow. The Yankees were officially eliminated from postseason contention on Wednesday.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
It’s been a lost season for the Yankees’ outfielder.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:23 PM EST
Carlos Beltran has been excused from the Yankees to deal with a private family matter, according to MLB.com beat reporter Bryan Hoch, with manager Joe Girardi saying Wednesday afternoon that the veteran will be given “as much time as he needs.”
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EST
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:35 PM EST
Beltran has been playing through a painful bone spur in his elbow for most of the season.
Sep 10, 2014, 3:49 PM EST
Daniel Murphy has made all 126 of his starts this season at second base and hasn’t played an inning at third base since 2011.
Sep 4, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
He’s hit just .241 with 15 homers and a .725 OPS after topping an .825 OPS in each of the previous three seasons and has been limited mostly to DH duties.
Aug 30, 2014, 3:50 PM EST
The White Sox are reportedly interested in signing Victor Martinez away from a division rival.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)