Mar 25, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
This could be the worst Yankees team in 25 years. It’s also a team that could sneak up and snag a wild card. With the 2015 Yankees, almost all things are possible. For better or worse.
Mar 16, 2015, 10:16 AM EDT
Feb 21, 2015, 8:25 PM EDT
Manager Terry Collins believes the Mets have what it takes to get back to the playoffs.
Dec 16, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Yankees have handled the A-Rod situation about as well as it could possibly be handled. Will the media recognize that, or will it try to create some “A-Rod circus!” storyline?
Dec 8, 2014, 6:00 AM EDT
HardballTalk is on the scene in San Diego for baseball’s annual free agent and trade bacchanalia.
Nov 26, 2014, 4:25 PM EDT
Since there’s no such thing as a stupid question …
Nov 13, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
This time it’s Jon Niese who gets the treatment.
Nov 11, 2014, 8:26 PM EDT
Who might want a designated hitter this winter?
Nov 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Young’s one-year deal with the Yankees includes about $4 million in incentives.
Nov 8, 2014, 6:24 PM EDT
The Yankees and outfielder Chris Young have agreed to a one-year deal worth $2.5 million.
Nov 8, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Chris Young finished strong with the Yankees this season after flopping with the Mets and there’s “mutual interest” in him returning to the Bronx.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
I guess shortstop is too much of a stretch.
Oct 10, 2014, 3:06 PM EDT
Long has been New York’s hitting coach since 2007.
Oct 8, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
Couple of updates here on the developing market for Cuban defector Yasmany Tomas, who was declared eligible for free agency late last week by Major League Baseball …
Oct 7, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Headley staying in New York would mean no more Alex Rodriguez at third base.
Oct 5, 2014, 9:41 PM EDT
Sunday’s hero is now tied for fourth among active players.
Sep 30, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
He should be good to go by spring training.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Sep 24, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
Yankees manager Joe Girardi confirmed Wednesday to Chad Jennings of The Journal News that veteran outfielder Carlos Beltran has been shut down for the remainder of the 2014 season due to lingering discomfort in his right elbow. The Yankees were officially eliminated from postseason contention on Wednesday.
Sep 21, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
It’s been a lost season for the Yankees’ outfielder.
Sep 17, 2014, 8:23 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran has been excused from the Yankees to deal with a private family matter, according to MLB.com beat reporter Bryan Hoch, with manager Joe Girardi saying Wednesday afternoon that the veteran will be given “as much time as he needs.”
Sep 16, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Carlos Beltran won last year. Who gets it this year?
Sep 15, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
Six finalists — one from each division — were named today and will now be subject for a player vote to determine the winner.
Sep 13, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT
Beltran has been playing through a painful bone spur in his elbow for most of the season.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)