Dec 13, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
Could 2015 be Ian Desmond’s final season with the Nationals?
Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 PM EST
Tyrell Jenkins and Jordan Walden, too.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 26, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
It makes sense given their roster. But can Braun’s bat rebound enough to justify him playing first base?
Sep 17, 2014, 7:08 AM EST
Beer showers on the Beltway as the Nats and Orioles both clinch
Sep 12, 2014, 5:01 PM EST
DeSclafani has appealed his suspension, so he’ll be available out of the Marlins’ bullpen in the meantime.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EST
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 9, 2014, 7:57 AM EST
The first professional baseball team began play in the spring of 1869. People began lamenting its demise approximately fifteen minutes later. Here is why they are wrong.
Sep 8, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
Gomez hasn’t been in the starting lineup since he sprained his left wrist on a swing last Sunday.
Sep 3, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
James Wagner of the Washington Post reports on a cool tradition that has taken hold in the majors
Sep 2, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
It’s particularly rough timing, as Milwaukee hosts a four-game series with St. Louis beginning Thursday.
Aug 26, 2014, 6:43 AM EST
It was Giancarlo Stanton vs. Mike Trout in Anaheim last night. Advantage: Stanton.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:11 AM EST
No one can stop the Nats. Who, as one young lad on their team says, are playing “absolutely epic” baseball right now.
Aug 19, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
Baseball used to be fun, darn it.
Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Parra’s offensive production has dropped off this season, falling about 50 points compared to his career norms, but he remains an excellent defensive corner outfielder capable of handling center field if needed.
Jul 16, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
This is so sad. It looked so healthy, too.
Jul 15, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The Midsummer Classic is finally here. Let’s look at what we’ll be looking at this evening.
Jul 14, 2014, 1:25 PM EST
Cardinals right-hander Adam Wainwright and Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez have been named the starting pitchers for the All-Star game, and here are the starting lineups they’ll be facing tomorrow night.
Jul 11, 2014, 9:50 PM EST
Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy will start for the NL All-Stars after all. Miguel Montero makes the roster, taking the place of the injured Yadier Molina.
Jul 6, 2014, 7:51 PM EST
Find out who’s on the roster for each league in the All-Star Game at Target Field in Minnesota on July 15.
Jul 5, 2014, 12:10 AM EST
Carlos Gomez wants to participate in the Home Run Derby, so he had Ryan Braun talk to Troy Tulowitzki on his behalf.
Jun 29, 2014, 8:51 AM EST
The 51-32 Brewers have the best record in the National League and the largest division lead in MLB, boasting a 6 1/2 game cushion over the second-place Cardinals.
Jun 23, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Some big moves from the Brewers in this week’s NL All-Star balloting update.
Jun 22, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
The Rockies are playing an embarrassing brand of baseball lately.
Jun 16, 2014, 8:55 AM EST
In the National League, star power is coinciding pretty well with 2014 hitting stats.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)