Nov 10, 2014, 6:23 PM EST
Joins Albert Pujols, Evan Longoria and Mike Trout as unanimous winners.
Aug 18, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Carlos Torres will step in for Colon and make the spot start against the Cubs.
Jun 13, 2014, 12:42 PM EST
“Why are you hitting yourself?!”
May 24, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
Mets reliever Carlos Torres isn’t buying the hype regarding Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig.
May 11, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
24-year-old right-hander Jeurys Familia has been solid out of the bullpen for the Mets, and manager Terry Collins says he could be the club’s new closer soon.
Apr 5, 2014, 5:05 PM EST
After being benched Friday, Ike Davis played hero for the Mets on Saturday afternoon by slugging a walk-off grand slam.
Aug 30, 2013, 6:46 AM EST
Tigers 7, Athletics 6: Torii Hunter walks off the Tigers who came back from a 6-1 deficit. A 6-3 deficit in the ninth. All while losing Miguel Cabrera mid-game. Now, starting pitching, please stop requiring Tigers bats to bail you out all the time. Orioles 3, Red Sox 2: Baltimore avoids the sweep and pulls…
Aug 23, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
The Indians released Japanese right-handed starter Daisuke Matsuzaka on Tuesday after he posted a 3.92 ERA in 103.1 innings with Triple-A Columbus. The Mets signed him yesterday and immediately inserted him into the rotation to make his debut in Queens against the heavy-hitting Tigers, his first Major League appearance since October 3, 2012. The Tigers…
Jul 29, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
When left-hander Jon Niese was diagnosed with a partial tear of his rotator cuff last month, it looked like he could be headed for surgery or miss the rest of the season, but he’s getting closer to rejoining the Mets’ rotation. According to Adam Rubin of ESPN New York, Niese said today that he will…
Jul 24, 2013, 7:07 AM EST
Mariners 4, Indians 3: The M’s just keep on winning. That’s eight in a row, with this one ending interestingly. The Indians had runners on the corners with no one out in the ninth. Then Drew Stubbs got caught in a rundown he probably shouldn’t have gotten caught in between third and home, ending the…
Jul 12, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
Mets ace Matt Harvey has been battling a blister on his right index finger. We learned on Wednesday that the Mets are skipping the right-hander’s final start before the All-Star break. Now, according to ESPN’s Adam Rubin, the Mets plan to skip his first start after the break as well, a Friday night start against…
Jul 10, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Matt Harvey has thrown his last pitch of the first half, as the Mets announced that they’ll skip his final first-half turn in the rotation Saturday. Harvey threw a career-high 121 pitches Monday and has been dealing with a blister on his right index finger for several weeks, so this is an easy way for…
Mar 6, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
Miguel Cabrera went 3-for-4 with a pair of homers and Gerardo Parra added a three-run shot as Venezuela beat the Mets 14-10 in an exhibition Thursday. Marlon Byrd homered as part of a seven-run fifth inning for the Mets, but Venezuela had already totaled 12 runs by that point. Featuring perhaps the most well balanced…
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)