Feb 12, 2015, 2:14 PM EST
He asked for $5.4 million and the Giants countered at $4 million.
Feb 6, 2015, 10:45 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy’s early lineup construction includes batting Brandon Belt third.
Jan 16, 2015, 9:58 PM EST
Find out what salaries arbitration-eligible players and their respective teams filed for ahead of Friday’s deadline.
Dec 26, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
According to Peter Gammons, some GMs think the Giants will eventually trade for Ben Zobrist.
Dec 20, 2014, 7:10 PM EST
The Giants reportedly have no plans to attempt to initiate contract talk with free agent Max Scherzer.
Dec 20, 2014, 4:06 PM EST
The Phillies could eye Asdrubal Cabrera as a replacement for Jimmy Rollins.
Dec 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Giants are looking to solve their third base dilemma with Casey McGehee.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:42 PM EST
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Nov 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
The Comeback Player of the Year Award: the one award you never want to have to be a candidate for and, if you are, the award you never want to win twice.
Sep 12, 2014, 1:06 AM EST
Stanton was hit on the left side of his face by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers in the top of the fifth inning.
Sep 10, 2014, 6:50 AM EST
Yusmeiro Petit was a study in efficiency as the Giants solidified their hold on the top wild card slot in the National League and pulled to within two and a half of the Dodgers.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Casey McGehee entered play on Tuesday evening with a batting average (.322) that is 54 points above his career mean (.268) and an RBI total (56) that ranks ninth in the National League. The 31-year-old third baseman fits the mold of a sell-high candidate. But it doesn’t sound like he’s going to be moved.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:03 AM EST
You never shoot your arrows . . . when you’re sitting at the table. There’ll be time enough for shootin’ . . . when the game is done.
Jul 20, 2014, 2:59 PM EST
Watch as Marlins third baseman Casey McGehee goes deep to left-center for a first-inning two-run homer off Giants starter Tim Lincecum on Sunday afternoon in Miami …
Jul 6, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Two of ten snubbed players are on the Final Vote list. Fans can help vote them onto the roster until 4 PM ET on Thursday.
Jun 28, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Sean Doolittle has quietly been one of baseball’s best closers this season. The Marlins put an end to his scoreless innings streak on Saturday.
Jun 16, 2014, 5:00 AM EST
Three days, three come-from-behind wins for the Rockies over the Giants.
May 7, 2014, 6:39 AM EST
Baseball has been played for 150 years, but a first in Major League history occurred last night.
May 6, 2014, 6:40 AM EST
Four shutouts headlined Monday night’s action
May 2, 2014, 9:11 AM EST
Miami just swept a three-game home series against Atlanta and afterward several Braves players and manager Fredi Gonzalez all but accused the Marlins of stealing signs.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:38 AM EST
I only watched a little baseball last night. Watched a lot of “Night Court” though.
Apr 11, 2014, 9:06 PM EST
Are the Phillies doomed to lose yet another starting pitcher to injury?
Apr 5, 2014, 8:56 AM EST
A quick look at a busy Friday around MLB, including the offensive juggernaut that is the Miami Marlins.
Mar 6, 2014, 3:48 PM EST
According to Juan C. Rodriguez of the Sun Sentinel, the Marlins will be contacting the league office after the Red Sox declined to bring any of their established regulars to Palm Beach for Thursday’s spring training game. While teams are supposed to bring at least four “regulars” to road spring games, the rule has always…
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)