Aug 18, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
Franco remained on the active roster for an entire week while hoping to play through what was initially called a bruise.
Aug 2, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Injured Phillies second baseman Chase Utley is a potential August acquisition consideration for the Cubs.
Jul 21, 2015, 6:53 AM EDT
Albert Pujols hit three homers in the Angels doubleheader, passing Mike Trout for the AL lead and passing Mike Schmidt on the all-time list.
Jul 7, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
The Phillies’ GM was pretty blunt about who would be playing second base when Chase Utley returns. It ain’t Chase Utley.
Jun 26, 2015, 9:14 PM EDT
Max Scherzer isn’t the only Nationals starter who has been pitching well as of late.
Apr 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Power hitter extraordinaire Ben Revere walked the Phillies off in an exhibition game against the Pirates on Friday night.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
We shouldn’t forget about the 28- and 29-year-olds getting sent down, too.
May 25, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett made history with nine no-hit innings Sunday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park.
May 25, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Phillies third baseman Cody Asche landed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday afternoon because of a left hamstring strain. Top prospect Maikel Franco may soon be called up to replace him.
Apr 11, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Freddy Galvis is off the disabled list and back on the Phillies’ active roster after being sidelined since the middle of spring training with a staph infection in his knee.
Mar 30, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
After releasing Ronny Cedeno on Tuesday, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports that the Phillies have re-signed the infielder to a minor league deal and assigned him to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. The Phillies had originally signed Cedeno in mid-January and brought him to big league camp as a non-roster invitee. Cedeno was one of a handful of candidates…
Mar 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Phillies, in a bit of a roster conundrum with the latest rash of injuries, have outrighted infielder Kevin Frandsen to Triple-A Lehigh Valley, MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports. Frandsen has 72 hours to accept or reject the assignment. Zolecki adds that GM Ruben Amaro told Frandsen he still has a chance to make the Opening…
Mar 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
TAMPA — The original plan was to go sit in the crowd and drink beer at the Astros-Tigers game, but when it was announced that Masahiro Tanaka was making his spring training debut in Tampa today, plans changed. I got in the car at 6:30 this morning and headed to Steinbrenner Field early to take…
Mar 1, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
TAMPA — Masahiro Tanaka made his U.S. debut today, facing the Phillies at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa. Tanaka pitched third in the game, with CC Sabathia and Hiroki Kuroda taking the first four innings. Tanaka was not dominant, but he was effective. In the fifth he gave up a leadoff single to Darin Ruf then retired…
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 22
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 2
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)