Apr 3, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Power hitter extraordinaire Ben Revere walked the Phillies off in an exhibition game against the Pirates on Friday night.
Mar 26, 2015, 12:55 PM EDT
We shouldn’t forget about the 28- and 29-year-olds getting sent down, too.
May 25, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Dodgers right-hander Josh Beckett made history with nine no-hit innings Sunday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park.
May 25, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
Phillies third baseman Cody Asche landed on the 15-day disabled list Sunday afternoon because of a left hamstring strain. Top prospect Maikel Franco may soon be called up to replace him.
Apr 11, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Freddy Galvis is off the disabled list and back on the Phillies’ active roster after being sidelined since the middle of spring training with a staph infection in his knee.
Mar 30, 2014, 7:10 PM EDT
After releasing Ronny Cedeno on Tuesday, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports that the Phillies have re-signed the infielder to a minor league deal and assigned him to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. The Phillies had originally signed Cedeno in mid-January and brought him to big league camp as a non-roster invitee. Cedeno was one of a handful of candidates…
Mar 23, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The Phillies, in a bit of a roster conundrum with the latest rash of injuries, have outrighted infielder Kevin Frandsen to Triple-A Lehigh Valley, MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports. Frandsen has 72 hours to accept or reject the assignment. Zolecki adds that GM Ruben Amaro told Frandsen he still has a chance to make the Opening…
Mar 1, 2014, 4:04 PM EDT
TAMPA — The original plan was to go sit in the crowd and drink beer at the Astros-Tigers game, but when it was announced that Masahiro Tanaka was making his spring training debut in Tampa today, plans changed. I got in the car at 6:30 this morning and headed to Steinbrenner Field early to take…
Mar 1, 2014, 2:52 PM EDT
TAMPA — Masahiro Tanaka made his U.S. debut today, facing the Phillies at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa. Tanaka pitched third in the game, with CC Sabathia and Hiroki Kuroda taking the first four innings. Tanaka was not dominant, but he was effective. In the fifth he gave up a leadoff single to Darin Ruf then retired…
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)