May 18, 2015, 4:31 PM EDT
Third deck shot and it got out in a hurry.
Nov 5, 2014, 5:20 PM EDT
Old reliever for new reliever, basically.
Aug 13, 2014, 7:16 AM EDT
In the future, every pitcher will toss seven shutout innings for fifteen minutes — Andy Warhol.
Apr 13, 2014, 8:30 PM EDT
The Reds make a pair of base running errors on the same play.
Apr 11, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
The Rays make an alteration to their starting rotation sans Matt Moore and add a veteran to their bullpen.
Apr 7, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
Rays left-hander Matt Moore left his start this evening with elbow soreness and will undergo an MRI.
Mar 28, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
Between now and Opening Day, HardballTalk will take a look at each of baseball’s 30 teams, asking the key questions, the not-so-key questions, and generally breaking down their chances for the 2014 season. Next up: The Tampa Bay Rays. The Big Question: Is this a championship offense? The Rays have led the American League in ERA…
Mar 22, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
Rays manager Joe Maddon has named Jake Odorizzi the team’s fifth starter, Joe Smith of the Tampa Bay Times reports. As a result, Cesar Ramos will contribute out of the bullpen. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish also reports that Erik Bedard also opted out of his contract with the Rays, who hoped the left-hander…
Mar 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Erik Bedard is competing for a spot in the Rays’ rotation on a minor-league contract, but the 35-year-old left-hander said yesterday that he’ll use an opt-out clause rather than accept an assignment to Triple-A if he doesn’t win the job. “There’s a lot of starters who have been hurt so there’s a lot of chances…
Aug 2, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
The Yankees have activated outfielder Curtis Granderson from the disabled list and will bat him fifth in tonight’s starting lineup against the Padres. Granderson missed the first 38 games of the season with a fractured right forearm. In his eighth game of the season on May 24 against the Rays, Granderson was hit on the…
Jun 29, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Tigers slugger Prince Fielder hit a doozy of a home run last night at Tropicana Field. Facing Rays left-hander Cesar Ramos in the top of the eighth inning, he turned on one and launched it off the catwalk in right field. Now that’s a moonshot. Chris Iott of MLive.com notes that Fielder is the first…
May 24, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Yankees outfielder Curtis Granderson was hit in the hand by Rays reliever Cesar Ramos in the fifth inning of tonight’s game against the Rays. He stayed in the game to run the bases, scoring on a bases loaded walk by Jayson Nix, but exited before the top of the sixth. Ichiro Suzuki took his place…
Mar 9, 2013, 6:32 PM EDT
Canada kept its second round World Baseball Classic hopes alive with an emphatic 10-3 victory over Mexico today. Coming off an eight-inning 14-4 defeat at the hands of Italy, a game that was called early due to the mercy rule, Canada bounced back with impressive hitting performances by designated hitter Justin Morneau and right fielder…
Jan 18, 2013, 7:53 PM EDT
The Rays have spent some money this winter, adding Yunel Escobar for shortstop, James Loney for first base and Roberto Hernandez to the pitching staff. Their rotation is fine even with James Shields gone and the infield might be set, if Ben Zobrist plays second base, but the team still has some needs as is.…
Feb 22, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
Remember last June when Joe Maddon had Sam Fuld warm up as a relief pitcher for the sole purpose of giving his real reliever, Cesar Ramos, more time to get loose? And how he admitted that he lied to the umps about Fuld having an injury so as not to run afoul of the rules…
Dec 9, 2010, 11:47 AM EDT
Yesterday the Padres and Rays seemingly had agreed on a deal that would send shortstop Jason Bartlett to San Diego for relievers Cesar Ramos and Adam Russell. At one point several sources described the trade as completed, pending the usual physical exams and paperwork, and when contacted by reporters Bartlett indicated the Rays had told…
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 96
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 66
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 51
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)