Dec 19, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Giants are looking to solve their third base dilemma with Casey McGehee.
Dec 16, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The Yankees have handled the A-Rod situation about as well as it could possibly be handled. Will the media recognize that, or will it try to create some “A-Rod circus!” storyline?
Dec 16, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Some trade candidates include Lonnie Chisenhall of the Indians, Casey McGehee of the Marlins, and Will Middlebrooks of the Red Sox.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:55 AM EST
The Yankees get — well, keep — their man.
Dec 15, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Headley is expected to make his decision soon.
Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Your one-stop shop for all of the offseason signings.
Dec 9, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
From Joel Sherman of the New York Post comes word that free agent third baseman Chase Headley is planning to agree to a contract with a team by the end of this week’s Winter Meetings in San Diego.
Dec 7, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
The Yankees are still interested in free agent third baseman Chase Headley, the best remaining free agent option at the hot corner.
Dec 7, 2014, 9:43 AM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo Sports reported Thursday that an unidentified team had made a four-year offer worth around $65 million to Chase Headley. The Giants are known to be aggressively pursuing the free agent third baseman, but that proposal did not come from their camp …
Dec 6, 2014, 2:11 PM EST
The Giants have set their sights on a replacement for Pablo Sandoval.
Dec 4, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Why is this man happy?
Dec 2, 2014, 4:01 PM EST
They won’t go beyond four years, says a source.
Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
What a concept.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM EST
So who plays third base?
Nov 25, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
What would happen to Lonnie Chisenhall?
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EST
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EST
One person says so.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:51 AM EST
He ain’t gonna be the Yankees starting third baseman, that’s for sure.
Nov 8, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
Only the Astros had a lower OPS at third base this season than the Red Sox (.580), so there’s a clear need for an upgrade going into 2015.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
Instead, the Bombers are expected to focus on less expensive players like Brandon McCarthy and Chase Headley
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EST
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
I guess shortstop is too much of a stretch.
Oct 7, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Headley staying in New York would mean no more Alex Rodriguez at third base.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
Joe Girardi says “we have to see where he’s at.”
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 19
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)