Dec 1, 2014, 6:14 PM EDT
What a concept.
Nov 26, 2014, 9:13 AM EDT
So who plays third base?
Nov 25, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
What would happen to Lonnie Chisenhall?
Nov 24, 2014, 12:12 PM EDT
Seager has emerged as one of MLB’s best all-around third basemen at age 27.
Nov 24, 2014, 9:37 AM EDT
One person says so.
Nov 12, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
He ain’t gonna be the Yankees starting third baseman, that’s for sure.
Nov 8, 2014, 3:01 PM EDT
Only the Astros had a lower OPS at third base this season than the Red Sox (.580), so there’s a clear need for an upgrade going into 2015.
Nov 4, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
Instead, the Bombers are expected to focus on less expensive players like Brandon McCarthy and Chase Headley
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Oct 29, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
Or maybe Chase Headley. Or Aramis Ramirez. But certainly at upgrading third base.
Oct 10, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
I guess shortstop is too much of a stretch.
Oct 7, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Headley staying in New York would mean no more Alex Rodriguez at third base.
Sep 29, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Joe Girardi says “we have to see where he’s at.”
Sep 12, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Chase Headley has been cleared to play after being hit in the jaw by a Jake McGee pitch last night.
Sep 12, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
If you shorted Advil stock yesterday, well, bully for you.
Sep 11, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Headley was hit in the mouth by a 98 mph fastball from Jake McGee and will undergo X-rays on his jaw.
Sep 6, 2014, 7:51 AM EDT
James Shields tames the Yankees and the Milwaukee Brewers postpone the Heat Death of the (National League) Universe for at least another day.
Sep 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
The struggling Koji Uehara has been taken out of the closer’s role. Edward Mujica will close out ballgames in his stead.
Sep 5, 2014, 7:07 AM EDT
Some late inning Yankee heroics keep them in the playoff hunt.
Sep 4, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
The Yankees long-time GM is about to become its longer-time GM.
Aug 12, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Carlos Beltran and Chase Headley were both credited with stolen bases, Bud Norris and Manny Machado were both credited with errors, and the Orioles ended up blowing out the Yankees anyway.
Jul 31, 2014, 10:12 PM EDT
Keeping score in the aftermath of Thursday’s deadline deals.
Jul 31, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
How committed are the Red Sox to blowing up the roster? They just made a trade with the Yankees–the Yankees–sending shortstop Stephen Drew to New York just 39 games after re-signing him to a $10 million deal.
Jul 26, 2014, 7:55 PM EDT
The Blue Jays entered Saturday having lost 17 consecutive games at Yankee Stadium, but they did away with that this afternoon.
Jul 24, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
Who is buying? Who is selling? Who is on the block? And is next week’s trade deadline really a deadline?
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 0
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 15
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)