Apr 16, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
The players’ only meeting lasted just a few minutes. When it was over, Papelbon was vague about his reason for getting his teammates together.
Apr 15, 2015, 7:28 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this one: the Nationals defense stunk.
Apr 5, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
Chase Utley has said many times before that he wants to finish out his contract with the Phillies — a contract that runs through 2018 via some rather complicated vesting options …
Apr 1, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
The Phillies are going to be bad in 2015. But just how bad?
Mar 21, 2015, 9:05 PM EDT
An acquiring team would have to bear the responsibility of Chase Utley’s complicated 2016-18 vesting options.
Mar 12, 2015, 7:41 PM EDT
Chase Utley suffered a mild right ankle sprain when he stepped on a baseball during a workout in early January, but he’s close to making his spring debut.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
GM says “they’re not going to play him for a little while.”
Mar 1, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Phillies kicked off the spring with a loss to a college team.
Feb 23, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Times are changing in Philadelphia. The Phillies traded longtime shortstop Jimmy Rollins during the offseason and it’s likely just a matter of time before they cut ties with Ryan Howard and deal Cole Hamels elsewhere. But what about Chase Utley’s future with the rebuilding club?
Feb 13, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen wrote an excellent article explaining how baseball is disadvantageous to kids from lower-income communities.
Feb 2, 2015, 8:54 AM EDT
There is only one Pat the Bat.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Chase Utley plans to wear Phillies red until his contract runs out.
Dec 15, 2014, 11:35 PM EDT
Good on you, Chase.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
Well ain’t that interesting?
Oct 23, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Great Moments in Expectations-Setting
Oct 23, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
On your mark. Get set. Complain!
Oct 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Brian Roberts has decided to end his 14-year baseball career.
Oct 3, 2014, 6:12 PM EDT
A recent report indicated that Phillies president David Montgomery was being forced out. The Phillies refuted the report on Friday.
Sep 27, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Justin and B.J. Upton became the first pair of brother teammates since 1900 to each hit a home run and record an outfield assist in the same game.
Sep 26, 2014, 3:49 PM EDT
He was an on-base machine who racked up 2,469 hits with 288 homers and 400 steals.
Aug 31, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Is it really a good thing if one’s team is one of only two teams in the last 113 years to have four relatively old players accrue a significant amount of playing time?
Aug 28, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
Every time Alex Gordon steps to the plate at Kauffman Stadium these days, fans chant, “M-V-P, M-V-P,” which is fascinating on so many levels.
Aug 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Here at the end of his tenure, baseball is closer to Selig’s nirvana than perhaps ever before.
Aug 17, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Kyle Kendrick stormed off the mound following a frustrating sixth inning on Saturday. He apologized for showing up manager Ryne Sandberg.
Aug 12, 2014, 6:49 AM EDT
The Kansas City Royals are in first place. In mid-August. This is nor a drill.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)