Aug 30, 2015, 11:14 PM EDT
Jake Arrieta made history on Sunday night, tossing a no-hitter against the Dodgers.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, Jr.’s contract expires after the season. There’s a chance the Phillies decide to bring him back for the 2016 season.
Aug 25, 2015, 8:23 PM EDT
Kendrick has been on the disabled list since August 10 with a strained left hamstring. If everything goes according to plan, he should be able to return to the Dodgers’ active roster the first week of September.
Aug 24, 2015, 12:10 PM EDT
OBP is important. But it ain’t everything. Joc Pederson is showing that at the moment.
Aug 24, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
“Thank you Philadelphia for taking me under your wing twelve years ago . . .”
Aug 22, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
The Giants are hopeful that Joe Panik’s back will be in good enough shape for him to return in early September.
Aug 21, 2015, 10:21 PM EDT
Mike Fiers no-hit the Dodgers, completing the Astros’ first no-hitter since 2003.
Aug 20, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
Henry Urrutia played the hero in Baltimore last night.
Aug 19, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The 36-year-old can handle second base until Howie Kendrick returns from a hamstring injury and then operate as a veteran bench bat for the stretch run.
Aug 19, 2015, 3:41 PM EDT
Yesterday he wasn’t being traded. Today he is a Los Angeles Dodger. Or at least will be soon.
Aug 18, 2015, 3:47 PM EDT
Franco remained on the active roster for an entire week while hoping to play through what was initially called a bruise.
Aug 18, 2015, 10:05 AM EDT
Utley has the right to veto any trade.
Aug 16, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Phillies skipper Pete Mackanin has already said that Utley will not play in Sunday’s series finale against the Brewers and rumors are swirling that a trade is close.
Aug 15, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
The Angels thought they would finalize a deal with the Phillies for Chase Utley on Saturday, but they still hope to get something done.
Aug 14, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
The Angels are the sixth team with reported interest in acquiring second baseman Chase Utley from the Phillies.
Aug 14, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT
Giants or Angels?
Aug 13, 2015, 9:47 PM EDT
Utley has the ability to block any trade.
Aug 12, 2015, 3:38 PM EDT
They’re talking about prospects who could go back to Philly, reports Jon Morosi of Fox.
Aug 11, 2015, 6:12 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that Phillies second baseman Chase Utley has passed through revocable trade waivers and can now be offered up to any team, though the 36-year-old carries full no-trade protection via 10-and-5 rights and can veto a deal if it’s not to his liking.
Aug 10, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
Backup plan in case Joe Panik’s injury proves more serious than expected?
Aug 6, 2015, 10:05 PM EDT
Loewen, who was originally a starting pitcher, last played in the majors in 2011 as an outfielder. Now he’s a pitcher again.
Aug 6, 2015, 5:04 PM EDT
Utley went 6-for-13 (.545) while rehabbing in the minors.
Aug 2, 2015, 3:35 PM EDT
Injured Phillies second baseman Chase Utley is a potential August acquisition consideration for the Cubs.
Jul 24, 2015, 11:12 AM EDT
The Phillies second baseman is expected back within the next week or two.
Jul 16, 2015, 4:01 PM EDT
And not just the young ones.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)