Mar 2, 2015, 3:45 PM EST
Lester joined the Cubs on a six-year, $155 million deal in December.
Mar 1, 2015, 9:20 PM EST
Yoenis Cespedes could see himself wearing a Tigers uniform for many years.
Feb 27, 2015, 6:05 PM EST
MLBPA executive director Tony Clark will be keeping a close eye on how the Cubs handle the eventual promotion of prospect Kris Bryant.
Feb 24, 2015, 11:33 AM EST
Last year’s experiment in which Ramirez was a player/coach for the Cubs’ Triple-A team was a success. Now it’s a real job.
Feb 24, 2015, 10:20 AM EST
Baseball top’s prospect is a third baseman normally.
Feb 20, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Domonic Brown will have the attention and assistance of Hall of Fame third baseman Mike Schmdit during spring training with the Phillies.
Feb 20, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Blue Jays first round pick Max Pentecost had his second shoulder procedure since the end of the 2014 season. He won’t throw for another three months.
Feb 19, 2015, 11:01 PM EST
Bryant earned top honors after batting .325 with a 1.098 OPS while leading the minors with 43 homers in 138 games between Double-A and Triple-A last season.
Feb 19, 2015, 12:30 PM EST
It’s only armed with cameras. For now.
Feb 17, 2015, 7:57 PM EST
Cubs president Theo Epstein recalled his courting of starting pitcher Jon Lester in an interview this week with Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com …
Feb 13, 2015, 7:10 PM EST
Gonzales Germen has been one of the more interesting players to follow this off-season for a specific reason.
Feb 10, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
Don’t feel too sorry for James Shields.
Feb 10, 2015, 10:15 AM EST
Shields ultimately decided to play at home in San Diego, choosing the Padres’ four-year, $75 million offer.
Feb 9, 2015, 10:31 AM EST
A total of 11 free agents topped $50 million.
Feb 5, 2015, 7:39 PM EST
Strop has posted a 2.44 ERA and 113/36 K/BB ratio in 96 innings across 102 appearances with Chicago.
Feb 5, 2015, 8:30 AM EST
The last remaining big free agent could choose a new team this week.
Feb 4, 2015, 1:13 PM EST
Villanueva is coming off a two-year, $10 million deal with the Cubs.
Feb 3, 2015, 8:32 PM EST
Most major league teams open spring training in just two weeks, yet right-hander James Shields remains unsigned …
Feb 2, 2015, 2:50 PM EST
Laird spent the past two seasons in Atlanta.
Jan 29, 2015, 3:30 PM EST
I guess it’s better than snakes. Or wasps.
Jan 28, 2015, 12:16 PM EST
Baker was once a solid starting catcher for the Marlins, but he’s been mostly injured for the past five seasons.
Jan 23, 2015, 1:10 PM EST
Fowler requested $10.8 million and the Cubs countered at $8.5 million.
Jan 21, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
Free agent starter Ryan Vogelsong was said to be working on a deal with the Astros and even traveled to Houston on Monday to meet with team officials. But it appears those negotiations have suddenly collapsed. From the Twitter account of FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal …
Jan 20, 2015, 6:52 PM EST
Jon Lester signed a six-year, $155 million contract with the Cubs in December and Max Scherzer struck a seven-year, $210 million deal Monday with the Nationals, which leaves James Shields as the last remaining front-line starting pitcher on this winter’s free agent market.
Jan 19, 2015, 11:47 PM EST
After acquiring Evan Gattis from the Braves last week and swapping Dexter Fowler to the Cubs today for Luis Valbuena and Dan Straily, the Astros might have another move up their sleeve soon.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 316
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (318)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)