Aug 7, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
Who’s the Cubs’ starting catcher now?
Aug 7, 2015, 7:18 AM EDT
A walkoff for Ian Kinsler and the Tigers, a possible double-agent fails and then succeeds in the Astros-A’s game and there is evil afoot in Washington and Atlanta.
Aug 6, 2015, 9:59 AM EDT
That’s . . . kind of rude?
Aug 5, 2015, 4:08 PM EDT
Looking like a bad investment.
Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 AM EDT
The Red Sox had a 2-1 lead in the sixth inning of this one. If you were watching, I hope you weren’t the type who falls asleep during the sixth inning.
Aug 4, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
“I only have one head.”
Aug 3, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
Clayton Richard tossed six innings of one-run ball in a win over the Padres on Sunday, but he was designated for assignment by the Cubs today for the second time in the past two weeks.
Aug 3, 2015, 6:58 PM EDT
Cubs rookie third baseman Kris Bryant was forced to exit Sunday’s game against the Brewers after feeling dizzy on a hard slide into second base, but he’s back in the starting lineup for tonight’s series opener against the Pirates.
Aug 3, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
No. 3 overall pick in the 2013 draft
Aug 3, 2015, 5:00 AM EDT
Lots of walkoffs, lots of guys throwing at other guys and, oh yeah, the Mets are in first place.
Aug 2, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Note: that is not his hand or glove.
Aug 1, 2015, 8:10 PM EDT
Kyle Schwarber is staying in the big leagues when Miguel Montero returns, which is bad news for opposing pitchers.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:11 PM EDT
Bullpen help for Chicago.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He’s signed through 2019.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“If I wait to be 100 percent, it’s going to be season-ending.”
Jul 28, 2015, 7:23 AM EDT
Kris Bryant walked the Rockies off and then the Rockies sent Troy Tulowitzki off.
Jul 25, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT
Madison Bumgarner hit his third home run of the season, helping his own cause on Saturday against the Athletics.
Jul 25, 2015, 8:35 PM EDT
Odubel Herrera made the final out of Cole Hamels’ no-hitter against the Cubs on Saturday as dramatic as possible.
Jul 25, 2015, 7:19 PM EDT
Carlos Ruiz and Jason Varitek have each caught four no-hitters, a major league record.
Jul 25, 2015, 5:53 PM EDT
Cole Hamels is dealing against the Cubs in what could be his final start as a member of the Phillies.
Jul 24, 2015, 11:45 PM EDT
Jeff Francoeur has come up with a number of timely hits for the Phillies this season, including a tie-breaking two-run home run in the 10th inning on Friday.
Jul 24, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
Cole Hamels may be making his last start as a Phillie on Saturday against the Cubs, and the club may have a lot riding on it.
Jul 23, 2015, 10:30 AM EDT
Too bad that didn’t come with Matt Harvey batting. Could’ve used a “Batman vs. Superman” headline.
Jul 20, 2015, 11:04 PM EDT
We have seen plenty of flashy plays from four-time Gold Glove Award winner Brandon Phillips over the years, but this one might take the cake.
Jul 20, 2015, 7:25 AM EDT
Zack Greinke was impressive. Even if Bryce Harper wasn’t all that impressed.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)