Dec 13, 2014, 12:05 PM EST
Wood turns 28 in February and posted an ugly 5.03 ERA and 146/76 K/BB ratio in 173 2/3 innings over 31 starts this past season.
Dec 12, 2014, 7:31 PM EST
Fujikawa was expected to handle the closer role when the Cubs brought him over from Japan for $9.5 million two years ago, but Tommy John surgery limited him to just 27 appearances with the club.
Dec 12, 2014, 6:00 AM EST
The past view days were . . . intense. But here is a quick and handy guide to everything that went down.
Dec 10, 2014, 6:10 PM EST
The Cubs and White Sox — both teams who finished 17 games out and lost 89 games last year — have made all the noise in San Diego. But who has made more noise?
Dec 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
He’s arbitration eligible for the first time and under team control through 2017.
Dec 10, 2014, 8:29 AM EST
The Cubs got better. The Red Sox’ job just got harder. Jon Lester got paid. Now what happens?
Dec 10, 2014, 1:34 AM EST
Lester will try to bring the North Side its first World Series victory since 1908.
Dec 9, 2014, 6:06 PM EST
After acquiring Miguel Montero from the Diamondbacks today, the Cubs are expected to move Welington Castillo.
Dec 9, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Montero was an All-Star in 2011 and signed a five-year, $60 million contract extension in May of 2012.
Dec 8, 2014, 11:17 AM EST
They get to keep the prospects received from the A’s, too.
Dec 8, 2014, 12:37 AM EST
The Cubs are reportedly close to a deal with free agent pitcher Jason Hammel.
Dec 7, 2014, 6:25 PM EST
Starlin Castro is staying put, according to the Cubs.
Dec 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Jon Heyman of CBS Sports reports that the Braves have expressed interest in signing free agent Stephen Drew to play second base.
Dec 3, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
A list of all of the new free agents in advance of Tuesday’s midnight deadline.
Nov 28, 2014, 8:44 PM EST
The Athletics are reportedly close to getting three or four players back in a trade involving starter Jeff Samardzija.
Nov 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
He’s reportedly uninjured, though details are scarce at the moment.
Nov 23, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Giants receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. made a ridiculous catch on Sunday Night Football. MLB players reacted to it on Twitter.
Nov 16, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The Cubs are the “clear front-runner” to nab free agent catcher Russell Martin according to Ken Rosenthal.
Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
The Braves could deal a set-up man now that they’ve added Arodys Vizcaino into the mix.
Nov 16, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
From Mark D. Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune comes word that the Cubs have acquired infielder Tommy La Stella and international signing slot No. 4 from the Braves for reliever Arodys Vizcaino and three international signing bonus slots.
Nov 15, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Brewers are expected to sign a potential comeback candidate in Jaye Chapman.
Nov 11, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
The Cubs could bolster their pitching staff without signing Max Scherzer or Jon Lester.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Pittsburgh may find it tough to keep the free agent catcher.
Nov 4, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Welington Castillo could be a goner.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The lefty impressed in 2014 after never getting a chance to pitch in Baltimore.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 38
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)