Nov 16, 2014, 8:25 PM EST
The Braves could deal a set-up man now that they’ve added Arodys Vizcaino into the mix.
Nov 16, 2014, 4:49 PM EST
From Mark D. Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune comes word that the Cubs have acquired infielder Tommy La Stella and international signing slot No. 4 from the Braves for reliever Arodys Vizcaino and three international signing bonus slots.
Nov 15, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
The Brewers are expected to sign a potential comeback candidate in Jaye Chapman.
Nov 11, 2014, 9:08 PM EST
The Cubs could bolster their pitching staff without signing Max Scherzer or Jon Lester.
Nov 7, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Pittsburgh may find it tough to keep the free agent catcher.
Nov 4, 2014, 4:25 PM EST
Welington Castillo could be a goner.
Nov 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
The lefty impressed in 2014 after never getting a chance to pitch in Baltimore.
Nov 2, 2014, 9:05 PM EST
Cuban infielder Yoan Moncada will hold a showcase for representatives from all 30 MLB teams on November 12.
Nov 1, 2014, 5:34 PM EST
The game, which will begin at 8 p.m. ET, will be shown on MLB Network and can be streamed live on MLB.com.
Nov 1, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Turner had a 6.49 ERA and 17/10 K/BB ratio in 24 2/3 innings over six starts and two relief appearances with Chicago down the stretch.
Oct 31, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
Including writeups for the top 63, because we’re not always all about round numbers.
Bruce Bochy, Dave Righetti have discussed using Madison Bumgarner on short rest if Giants lose Game 3
Oct 24, 2014, 8:05 PM EST
The Giants have kicked around the idea of using Madison Bumgarner on short rest if they lose Game 3 of the World Series against the Royals.
Oct 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EST
One of the game’s top shortstop prospects, Russell saw some time at second base in the Arizona Fall League.
Oct 11, 2014, 7:26 PM EST
Theo Epstein has his eyes on an NL Central title in 2015. It’s a realistic aspiration.
Sep 30, 2014, 6:20 PM EST
Javier Baez hit just .169 with 95 strikeouts in 52 games as a 21-year-old rookie.
Sep 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EST
It’s not as crazy as it may seem.
Sep 30, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
You know Kershaw is the Cy Young. Is he the MVP, too?
Sep 29, 2014, 6:47 AM EST
All good things must come to an end.
Sep 27, 2014, 1:58 PM EST
Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton suffered multiple facial fractures and dental damage when he was hit by a pitch from Brewers right-hander Mike Fiers on September 11, but he’s looking like his old self again just a little over two weeks later.
Sep 26, 2014, 10:55 PM EST
The Cubs will start Jacob Turner over Kyle Hendricks on Sunday, citing Hendricks’ workload as the reason.
Sep 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The old man tops the list, but a lot of young stars are right on his heels.
Sep 23, 2014, 6:48 PM EST
Chicago owes him $11 million in 2015 and $11 million in 2016.
Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM EST
The Cubs know they can’t just get by on change-of-scenery guys and sign-and-flip deals.
Sep 19, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
After homering seven times in his first 19 games Cubs rookie Javier Baez has gone deep just twice in his last 24 games while hitting .146 with 44 strikeouts.
Sep 18, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Rizzo won the award in recognition of his community work with pediatric cancer patients.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 15
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 74
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 140
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (140)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)